1 week limit????

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Static Addict

Howdy all!

I noticed today that I had a message in my e-mail from the Nerd Herd Forum. I was stoked to say the least. Me?.......Important enough to be contacted by the NH Forum?? Should have known better. Turns out it was a "start posting or you'll be axed from the membership" notice. Gee.....What's up with that? My last post was on Jan. 24. I have to post more often than that? Can't see that happenin. Anyone got any info about this for me? I have never run into this on any other forum. Thanks for reading.

Static.

I was off for more than 6 months and never got that!
Found my way back and being welcomed as I was the first time.

You know....I just browsed around the forum here for a bit and decided I don't really care for it. It seems like sort of an exclusive club of a few "Staff." :-\ Some good people in here...but wading through Girvans Goons and peeons to get to the good people isn't for me. Also, the blatent advertising is obnoxious. I guess if you're in the club you're in...If yer not yer not. Well............I'm not! Think I'll check out ModelMan Toms Youtube channel.......He puts up new videos. ;D Smell ya.

Static.

P.S. Please feel free to cancel my membership!!

very sorry you feel that way, Static. Very sorry indeed.
I never saw this place as an "exclusive club" by any stretch. Most of us with "SMA Staff" next to their names are just people who volunteered to give Scott a hand with things.
I'm very sorry if you feel alienated here.

Just so we're clear, the email was an attempt for no one to get deleted by mistake.

We have many spam and bot registrations - they register and never post - therefore zero posts.

We also have legit members that register, read the forums and never post - therefore zero posts.

The technology of the forum allows us to delete 'zero posters'. I want to delete the bogus accounts but not the real people accounts and therefore the email. All you have to do is say hi or something and you have 1 post and therefore no longer a zero poster.

It's not about forcing you to talk - it's about not accidentally deleting your account.

Static Addict - I apologize if the email confused you. I don't appreciate you calling forum members goons or anything else for that matter - ads pay the bills.

God bless you Static. I wish you nothing but success. You are still welcome here.

Scott,
I didn't quite understand your e-mail, but, I do now. I have learned alot of good things here and I am getting more confident to show my work.
Keep up the good work!

Phil Williams
IPMS "Valour Road" Winnipeg
Formerly Halifax Military Modellers Group

exclusive club to just staff? and pee ons? dude, most all the people here don't look like pee ons to me? ::) and i am most certanly not a pee on, someone pees on me and they will find a foot up there ass! :mad: these are good people here man, and i can attest to that, i have came from chat forum, to chat forum, getting made fun of by pee ons, trying to share my work, and people egnore it most of the time only my best best friends would comment. i would get made fun of for something as simple as spelling, and i come here, and find relief, i get honest input on my builds, people actually appreciate me, people take me seriously, they dont treat me like a sack of crap! and if they appreciate me, they can appreciate you! don't get frustrated over this little post!

im not trying to be rude, you just have to give it time trust me i know, these are good people, they will do nice things for you if you do nice things for them you don't have to search to find anyone nice, i haven't, beacuse the nice people here are easy to find, beacuse most of them, if not all of them are, and trust me if i can make friends here you can too! ;D

just give it time, keep posting! and im not a pee on!

Hi Phil and thanks.

With 2 people voicing confusion with that first email I have went ahead and sent a 2nd explaining myself a bit. Don't wanna overkill it however I don't want to tick people off into thinking that that email was about forcing posts...like I said, It's all about preventing legitimate accounts from being deleted.

13aceofspades13 said:
exclusive club to just staff? and pee ons? dude, most all the people here don't look like pee ons to me? ::) and i am most certanly not a pee on, someone pees on me and they will find a foot up there ass! :mad: these are good people here man, and i can attest to that, i have came from chat forum, to chat forum, getting made fun of by pee ons, trying to share my work, and people egnore it most of the time only my best best friends would comment. i would get made fun of for something as simple as spelling, and i come here, and find relief, i get honest input on my builds, people actually appreciate me, people take me seriously, they dont treat me like a sack of crap! and if they appreciate me, they can appreciate you! don't get frustrated over this little post!

im not trying to be rude, you just have to give it time trust me i know, these are good people, they will do nice things for you if you do nice things for them you don't have to search to find anyone nice, i haven't, beacuse the nice people here are easy to find, beacuse most of them, if not all of them are, and trust me if i can make friends here you can too! ;D

This made me laugh out loud ... Get um Dan ... Like I said you rock!

Scott Girvan said:
I have went ahead and sent a 2nd explaining myself a bit.

Now you're just borderline spamming my email account Scott, I'm about to send you to the junk folder.

;D

LOL

ScarredKustoms said:
13aceofspades13 said:

This made me laugh out loud ... Get um Dan ... Like I said you rock!

i hope he comes back, we could use another member, the more people around here, the funner it is XD

Ace, just tell it how it is!! ;D

Good post I got an LOL out of it too!!

Grendels said:
Ace, just tell it how it is!! ;D

Good post I got an LOL out of it too!!

i would, but i would probably get kicked off, and i dont think god would approve of it, i could go off like a hand grenade, call me and my friends pee ons!! LOL, well, the bible specifically says, that if someone slaps you, turn the other cheek to be slapped, but hay, that was kind of a hard it, and i want to slug back!

Jingles said:
13aceofspades13 said:
that was kind of a hard it, and i want to slug back!

Just chill. No need to start a slanging match on the forum.

Jingles.

yea your right, lets just drop this thread like a sack of potatoes and forget it even Exists

DEAD THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back