1/72 Messerschmitt Me 210 A-1, Italeri

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
This is the first german Aircraft from my Scrap-Box. A Me 210 A1. Cause of frequently problems and accidents, the 210 had a very short Luftwaffe-career. I hope I can finish the model without those "Accidents" :)

Fuselage is already complete. Some parts still sit on the sprues. It looks like very difficult to glue the VERTICAL Canopy Parts.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ok, I had more Progress than I thought. More later ;-)
I glued all missing Parts to the Me 210. I cut of the Elevators and add them in another angle. That was tricky, because the seam line is very angled.

I filled all seam lines with Revell-Putty and sanded them down with 400er sanding paper. As you can see, not all parts fits 100%. I sanded them down, too :)

The Nose was bigger than the rest for the fuselage. I had to adjust it with some Putty

Now we get the great progress :)

While searching for a missing part deep down in my scrap-box, I found another Me 210, old and scrapy :)
I dug it out and start to renovate it, too. So, i got two of them to finish... eh!

Shes painted with a brush and some Revell enamels so she came out of my dark age of modelling. I removed all decals and filled the seam lines with putty, too. After some time for drying, I sanded all down. Now shes ready to get a color-remove sanding in my basin.

I did some color research while my birds get dry. It is very difficult to get the right color. I know, that my Me 210s were paintet in a RLM 74/75/76 scheme. RLM 74 is just the easy part! I noticed, that RLM 75 were used in two tones, different as day and night. While the frist tone is close to RLM 70, the other one is a grey-violet tone. The greenish one is available from many manufacturers as Valleyo, Live Color and Revell. The gray tone is not available. Not even from Vallejo, even though they have every bullshit :)

Bullheaded as I am, I decided to paint the grey tone. It looks right to me. Using the more darker green variant will give the 210s a dark and false shape.

Making some good progress there CPO!!! Keep it rolling!!! ;D

looking good as usual! :eek:

cant wait to see what this lookes like when its buttoned up XD

So, thats it. I sanded the old color down. For the grey coating I used Tamiya Surface Primer. The original interior was painted in RLM 02, which I realized with Tamiya XF-22.

The undersurfaces painted with Vallejo RLM 76. I also started to paint the smaller Parts like wheels and propellers

Here is another update. Paintjob is nearly done. I added the Decals of the first 210. For the second one I had to use remaining Decals from older kits, but I got all necessary items.

Both 210s got a clear Varnish-coating and now they had to wait for the final weathering :)

I also painted all remaining small parts like bombs and antennas and added them to the 210s.

Thanks, Im glad you like them. After 10 Years the 210ers finaly find their way into my display case ;D

Latest posts

Back