1:72 M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle

joeym

Hello Everyone!!

I got into modeling around two months ago. For my first model I decided to try building a 1:72 M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle by Trumpeter.

M2A2BradleyInfantryFightingVehicle1_72Trumpeter.jpg

My main goal was to see what it was like to build a model. I just wanted to say that I love Tamiya Extra Thin Cement.

IMG_0989.jpg
IMG_1029.jpg
IMG_1025.jpg

You may notice there are only two decals. The reason for that is I used Microsol and Microset to apply the decals but I did not treat the area with future. So a little bit of silvering took place. I decided after that to fore go the remaining decals. Like I said this is my very first model so I wanted to basically see how it would turn out. I will just apply the lessons learned to my next project.

I ended up adding a metal barrel because I kept accidentally hitting the barrel and breaking it off. I was able to find some 1:72 accessories. So I added a couple of boxes and a pack at the rear of the vehicle on the ground. I used a few pieces of dead grass from my backyard to the scene to make the dead plants. I also did some poking around my backyard where I was able to find a few small rocks that I added.

Thanks for looking.

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

i agree superb job at such a small scale all the detail in such a small package

It really is a great kit. For the price you are getting a pretty decent interior as well. I think I paid around $15 for this kit.

That's awesome! Great build! I didn't realize this kit had any interior detail. Now I want one.

Thank for posting.

I agree nice work on this little kit.

Also like the compact vignette setting, brings it to life nicely.

Good job man!

Thanks guys!

Yeah the interior is nice on this kit. Since this was my first kit I made some mistakes while painting the interior but I still wanted to paint the inside. Of course I could have opened a few hatches but I decided to just leave the back door open. I wanted the inside to be seen still.

The whole procees of building and painting is very fun but in my opinion adding the base was even more fun. Plus it gives so much life to the model.

Latest posts

Back