1/72 Aichi M6A1-K "Nanzan", Tamiya

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
My Scrap box ejected another compassionate Model. Its a Aichi "Nanzan", the land-based sister of the "Seiran", designet to attack the Panama canal. I held her in stock since 1998 - the great aera of Tamiyas 1/72 Warbirds Collection :)
After a first view, only one prop-blade is missing. This might be an easy challenge... Ok, the Manual is missing, too, but there should be enough informations to finish and paint the model.

btw, have you seen any Tamiya Aircrafts for sale these days? I couldn find any trader, who sell them

[attachment deleted by admin]

Chiefpettyofficer said:
My Scrap box ejected another compassionate Model. Its a Aichi "Nanzan", the land-based sister of the "Seiran", designet to attack the Panama canal. I held her in stock since 1998 - the great aera of Tamiyas 1/72 Warbirds Collection :)
After a first view, only one prop-blade is missing. This might be an easy challenge... Ok, the Manual is missing, too, but there should be enough informations to finish and paint the model.

btw, have you seen any Tamiya Aircrafts for sale these days? I couldn find any trader, who sell them

Where're you located, CPO? If you're in the US, you can find Tamiya at the HobbyTown chain of shops, and most independent hobby shops carry the line, too. I also order from them online at www.tamiyausa.com. From your signature, I suspect you're in Germany. I'd check to see if any stores carry Tamiya (es muss eben so sein, gell?) or look online, too. Hope that helps!

Brad

the Baron said:
Where're you located, CPO? If you're in the US, you can find Tamiya at the HobbyTown chain of shops, and most independent hobby shops carry the line, too. I also order from them online at www.tamiyausa.com. From your signature, I suspect you're in Germany. I'd check to see if any stores carry Tamiya (es muss eben so sein, gell?) or look online, too. Hope that helps!

Brad

Youre right, its Germany. I checked every online-store I know, even ebay. It seems like all Tamiya Aircraft in 1/72 scale are sold out or not in production since a time. Thanks for watching :)

OK, shes on her feet again. I replaced the missing blade with an modified 109 one. Decals & Canopy looking ok.

Looking nice, CPO.
Your restorations are making me think about delving into my WIP stack again

Quaralane said:
Looking nice, CPO.
Your restorations are making me think about delving into my WIP stack again

Sounds like you have many work in Progress. Keep em coming. I like your work, especially SciFi ships :)

I have a few, CPO.
More in the ever-growing stash, but a few WIPs that have work still needed

Quaralane said:
I have a few, CPO.
More in the ever-growing stash, but a few WIPs that have work still needed

A "few" in relation to what? A few hundret? A few thousand?? ;D
I have many unfinished Models in my Scrap box. I intended to finish them all to bring the stash into my focus. There are many Projects to do, but I have to finish the WIPs first.

Sometimes I cant wait. I take a Box from the stash, turn the Box, open it and rustle the sealing. I think, the addict calls then....Do you know what I mean? :D

Know exactly what you mean.
In my case, "few" is less than ten. But that's just the ones that have had work done on them

Quaralane said:
Know exactly what you mean.
In my case, "few" is less than ten. But that's just the ones that have had work done on them

Ok, I have some more WIPs. I stop counting at 20 :) Most of them are very old. I moved them from left to right since almost 10 Years and now its time to finish them ;D

..a little update:
She gets the typical orange trainer-aircraft painting. A mixture from Tamiya X-6 and XF-64.

Quaralane said:
Looks good. What kind of markings will she get?

I watched some original pictures. There were only two Nanzans for training the Pilots. They only marked with Hinomarus and the Fuselage Number (in my case J-M 6-6) Its the only remaining aircraft. All pictures taken by US-Forces after the war. No japanese Image available, maybe caused it was a classified projekt.

:)

Mmmm... ChiefPettyOfficer... Japanese WWII planes are my favorite ones... I can see you like modelling them a lot... I´ll follow those models! ;)

RG

Jelly said:
:)

Mmmm... ChiefPettyOfficer... Japanese WWII planes are my favorite ones... I can see you like modelling them a lot... I´ll follow those models! ;)

RG

Thanks for watching :)
They are all from my Scrap Box. I started them years ago and now its time to finish them all. I build all japanese Aircraft in line, so there is no need to change the used Colors ;D

I also bought some new and very rare kits from Hasegawa. Aircrafts like the Mitsubishi F1M2 Floatplane or Nakajima Ki-27 Fighter

Ok, after an painting accidend I had to remove all color. Now we have to start again... :-[

Sorry to hear about the accident. But it looks like you got her cleaned up fairly well

Thanks, but it looks more difficult than it was. After the contact with Tamiya PS 55 - Clear coating, I was able to pull off the color like burnt skin :mad: Maybe a great Idea to remove old color from old Models?!

But now I have a feeling for that very good but dangerous PS 55. It worked very well, but if you apply too much, it will buckle your color. Even the Revell Enamels I used first. Sounds like, I have to do some tests with it :)

i am in agreement with Quaralane on this one, it could look a lot worse, you did a good job removing the paint!

Sodala!! After her Odyssey of over 10 Years, my Nanzan is ready to flight. I did the paint job again and it looks better, now. I borrowed the Hinomarus from another japanese Aircraft, Markings and Fuselage- Number are from some old Decal Sheets. As you can see, the number isnt Original, but I have to live with it.

The Canopy doenst fit 100%, unusual for Tamiya-Kits. The Nanzan was the last japanese Aircraft in my Scrap-Box. I have to start with another topic :)

Latest posts

Back