1/48 Slovakian MiG-29 "Digital Thunder"

Big project you undertook there buddy ! she is quite the Bird !!!

Those Decals are not That bad !!! of course if you already have decided to Paint them on...
Do so ! I can't stop you but you could consider... Filtering them out... paler or darker using Filters
techniques like MIG has shown us on his Weathering videos !!! you know MIG right ??? from AK interactive !

If I can do color modulation on a painted tank... using artist oils... i.e. Whites and light grays.... why not on decals ?? after they are sealed under FUTURE for protection...! you can do what ever on top... at least you have your PATTERN right there.... and can filter in or out only the shade you want by taping over the area you want to protect ???

the Dark gray is too dark... I agree ! the paler one... Not too bad... There is only so much they can do with Inks.... and the kind of printers they have... Cartograph or not !

Good luck with your project.... and we are behind you !!!

Go man go... only 6 days left !

Uh, Norm?
That's '16' days left. Let's not scare the builder.
They've got until the 30th, the last time I checked. Today's only the 14th.

schweinhund227 said:
Go man go... only 6 days left !

<chuckling> Hey Norm - good thing you're not building an aircraft, I'd say you're trying to cause a panic - competitive advantage ::) LoL

Thanks for the support guys - unfortunately It just aint gonna happen in time :(
I dont know whats wrong with me lately - Ill do about 10 mins then put everything down again.
Sigh ...
Still on the brightside - when the contest buzz is over - you guys will have my build to follow to quell your withdrawal symptoms lol!

schweinhund, I thought about trying to tone the colours down somewhat, but I think the dark grey is just too wrong!! Ill do an experiment I think - Ill print out my scanned decals on a colour printer and try out a few of those techniques on it to see if it will work.

In the meantime - Ive tinkered with the pilot and finally got him into position:

IMG_20110620_232714.jpg

I had to cut off the throttle and use a piece of stretched sprue instead. The helmet still needs a rubbing down - I had to get rid of the visor - I found a few pics of slovakian Air force pilots at a rather nice site called touchdown avaiation and Im trying to get my resin pilot to look a bit more like them:

image.php

image.php

After a lick of paint and finish the pit, I should be able to close the fuselage and start bringing this thing together - might bring back the motivation a bit !

take it easy all

Thanks for the update.
Nice work on the pilot so far. Should help the look of the model very well

Latest posts

Back