1/48 scale Autoblinda 41 Italian Armored Car

Rentar1

Don't let the NAZI bolt counters get you down!
Hi guys,

Here is a little project I've been killin' time with while waiting for the SMA contest to start. It's my first 1/48 scale build. This is the Tamiya AB 41 Itailian Armored Car on an Italian mountain road. I used this build to practice some new modeling MOJO. (new to me). This is my first time air brushing with acrylics (Life Color Italian Armor Set). I'm used to Model Master Enamels. It was a big learning curve but I'm happy with the results. Also used Sculpy modeling clay for ledge markers and shrine on the hill. The car is out of the box except for tarp roll on fender. The Paint Scheme is Regio Esercito, 15th rgt. Cavalleggeri di Lodi, Pinerolo, Italty, 1942 (according to Tamiya). Let me know what you think.
DSC03665.jpg
DSC03651.jpg
DSC03663.jpg
DSC03659.jpg
DSC03660.jpg
DSC03662.jpg
DSC03664.jpg
DSC03652.jpg
DSC03653.jpg

The "I"talians would say....."Datza Nicsa Armora Cara!"
Holy, hot meatballs, Rob, you're cranking out quality builds like a machine.
Great job with the new paint system. The groundwork is off the hook. You've added a new belt
to your modeling Kung Fu.....Sculpting road markers and a shrine. Very nice.
Your captured the ambiance of the Italian countryside and the colorful nature of the Italian
armored cars.
FANTASTIC WORK, MY FRIEND. Bill

:) Hey Rob I´ve never built one of those quarter-kits but it seems to me that they are gaining a lot of ground... you´ve got a nice & cool armoured car here! And the dio-vignette is (at least so seems to me) very well balanced... I mean that it´s very cool to have in a simple and sober vignette a multi-level scene...
´
Cheers Rob, see you around! ;)
RG

PS : oh, I was about to forget to say that the tritonal camo scheme & the dusting over the model are really great, man... :D did you used BUFF (Tamiya) to emulate the dusting ?

Jelly,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm still new at making bases for my models. So, I am trying to base all of my models. Practice makes perfect! The dust is just Model Master Enamel Sand color thinned with about 70-80% thinner to paint and I used a stiff brush soaked in thinner to make the rain marks. I then used the same paint thinned sand color to add the dust effect to the lower half of the car. The 1/48 scale is nice it still has alot of detail and will not take up as much space as the 1/35 scale stuff. I may do more.

Rob W.

RENTAR1 ,

Well as I was lookin this Vignette over I couldn't help but break out a bottle of Fine Chianti !! PANZERMAN is right .... although I've never been there, after seein some pix of a friend of mine took , You nailed th Italian Country side !!

Bellissimo ! ....can you pass th Anti-pasto .....

I really Dig th weathering on th Carro !! Nice streaking ! Cool scratch work !!

Rockin on th Italian Front !!

Great job on this one Rentar!!! Nice little Dio!!! 1/48 to boot!!! Congrats!!!

PanzerAce007
Bizzare
TRM

Thanks for the comments! I am starting to become a fan of the 1/48 thing but I don't think it will replace the old 1/35.

Nice one !

I always wondered if that Kit had no suspension ???

With the ride so low...?? SO I looked on line and it seems to have had some sort of adjustable Ride ???
not all pictures shows it at the same Height !

Nice model dude....

Latest posts

Back