1/35 Trumpeter SAM-6 AA

pingvuiini

Initial build of Trumpeter SAM-6 AA missile launcher vehicle.

This is my first Trumpeter kit and I am quite impressed. Like the Italeri Demag halftrack, this kit was well engineered and assembled quickly and precisely with only a few small areas of putty and sanding. Fun! If all other Trumpeter kits are like this then I will definitely be building more of them. No tracks yet as I am waiting for some Friulmodel tracks coming in from Poland. Beware the missiles: the tips are REALLY sharp and pointy and I stabbed myself accidentally a few times. Will post more photos later of the painting and weathering as usual.

SAM-6BldFrt01Web.jpg

SAM-6BldRear02Web.jpg

SAM-6BldFrt03Web.jpg

SAM-6BldSide01Web.jpg

SAM-6BldFrt05Web.jpg

SAM-6BldRear04Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopFrt01Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopRear02Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopSide02Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopRear03Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopFrt05Web.jpg

SAM-6BldTopRear04Web.jpg

Looking good!

Yeah, there have been a few grumblings about the missiles, they are either too long, or too thin according the the "experts".

Me? Looks like 3 missiles to me that 98% of the world would likely not notice that the missiles are too thin or too long.

Never seen the kit before. Gonna darn good when done I am sure.

hook1169 said:
Never seen the kit before. Gonna darn good when done I am sure.

i think military modelling magazine did a review of it about a year or so ago... there were complaints that the missiles lacked detail and were warped if i remember correctly.

i must admit it does look an amazing kit

I think the missiles included in the kit are parade or training ones. I have seen the kit built and its pretty impressive. I have one in my stash and it looks good just in the box.

Jeff

After pulling an all nighter to assemble the Friulmodel tracks I have finally finished the initial painting of this kit. The Friuls took weeks to get here, but they have just the right amount of natural sag which I probably wouldn't have accomplished using the individual and sectioned tracks that come with the kit.

SAM6PaintFrt01Web.jpg

SAM6PaintFrt02Web.jpg

SAM6PaintRear02Web.jpg

SAM6PaintFrt03Web.jpg

SAM6PaintSide01Web.jpg

SAM6PaintRear03Web.jpg

SAM6PaintTopFrt02Web.jpg

SAM6PaintTopRear01Web.jpg

SAM6PaintTopFrt03Web.jpg

SAM6PaintTopSide02Web.jpg

SAM6PaintTopRear03Web.jpg

Very nice work, interesting subject, don't see many of those..Great work on the trax...thanx

Latest posts

Back