1/35 Australian Bushmaster

adampolo13

Good day folks,

I'm not sure if everybody took a look at my In-Box review of the Bushmaster but the link it is:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/topic,8372.0.html

I've been slowly working on it a little bit here and a little bit there. Here are some pics of where its at now.

Just a couple of profile pics. The body is not glued together.
IMG_0513_zpsf4525208.jpg

IMG_0514_zps20ea99e4.jpg

One of the things I've noticed as I've worked on the kit is that some of the detail is very crisp and some of it is a little soft. Overall though, I'm still pretty pleased. It will look like a Bushmaster when I'm done.
Here is a detail shot of what I"m talking about.
IMG_0515_zps5c2e4009.jpg

I've started working on the passenger interior, here is a little peak out how it looks.
IMG_0518_zps32e364dd.jpg

The cool things is the kit comes with PE seat belts for all the seats. Not only that but some of the seat belts are molded open and some are molded closed. Pretty cool eh?
IMG_0519_zpsc76a1e98.jpg

I just wanted to take a quick picture of this, the shelf in the back of the vehicle has huge pin marks in it. It may seem sacrilegious to some but I decided just to leave them there.
IMG_0520_zpsbb8cff53.jpg

Also, along those lines if you do build this make sure you dry fit the shelf with the body closed on top! As the kit comes the angle the shelf rests is not accurate. Check your references. ;D
IMG_0522_zps585c27ac.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Very nice Adam. will the shelve unit be open or closed or even full it its open and u can see the marks then shame on you! ;D

i have been looking around for this kit, definitely a vehicle you dont see everyday! looking forward to your progress!

Thanks andrei, it really is a very fun build! I'm not sure if Scott at ECH can get this, maybe Ron at RedFrog. I know spruebrothers.com carries it as well.

This is a cool kit and one I look forward to purchasing and building. I'll be hanging around for this one:)

adampolo13 said:
Thanks andrei, it really is a very fun build! I'm not sure if Scott at ECH can get this, maybe Ron at RedFrog. I know spruebrothers.com carries it as well.

Yeah, I can get it, it is a pricey bugger though. I supposed though, no worse then the Meng tanks

Thanks guys. I've got the seats painted gloss black. Gotta go back and paint the seat belts. Once I get that done I put up a few pics.

I'll be watching this thread. I also have this kit but have not started it yet

Man i love this model i seen one on Ebay but the price was wrong .... but i will end up grabing one id say

Hey everybody,

Sorry I haven't updated this thread in a while. I have been building, I've just been very bad at taking progress pictures. Having a temporary space is an absolute blessing but I'm looking forward to setting up a proper workspace in the next few weeks.

Well, anyways, in terms of the Bushmaster...
I got the interior completely done and enclosed in the two parts of the body. What I will say about it. Lots and lots of dry fitting, repainting, and fit problems. The vent detail on the overhead system is so awful, but the goal is completion not perfection right. So, here's where I am with it at the moment...

IMG_0587_zps0cdc06d9.jpg

IMG_0588_zps2df94ded.jpg

IMG_0589_zpse140afd2.jpg

IMG_0590_zps26a5292f.jpg

IMG_0591_zps62d0096a.jpg

IMG_0592_zpsc0f0f554.jpg

IMG_0593_zpsc6aebe0d.jpg

IMG_0594_zps6c04da7b.jpg

IMG_0595_zps04f38f0e.jpg

I have a few more seams to tackle where the two halves of the body meet but not too bad.
Also, I haven't decided how I'm going to display this one... Anybody got ideas?

Iam guessing somewhere in afghanistan :eek: That interior looks awesome :)

Hello everybody,

Hope you all have had a great weekend! I wanted to give you guys a quick update on this. It has been primed! Overall I could have spent ALOT of time filling holes and making sure things lined up better but the kit has been very trying to say the least. I'm going to find a way to cover up those mistakes with weathering tho. Anyways, here are some pictures!

Thanks for checking this out!

Latest posts

Back