1:1000 Enterprise A

dkev

Just started it today. Right now I'm just working on the saucer and pylons. I used Mr. Surfacer 1200 as a primer and Vallejo base white as my base coat. Like it so far. Mr. Surfacer 1200 seems to work well as a primer. You just got to clean the crap out of your air brush when your done.

Shooting Pearl White through an airbrush sucks. You gotta thin it to the consistency of water then you need to shoot it with at least 20psi or it will clog immediately. Then your spending 15 minutes cleaning all the "snot" out of your airbrush. ::)

Cruising right along. Completed the Nacelles and just the impulse drive to do on the saucer. When the model is this small they give you decals for the things you would paint normally on the 350 scale. What's the fun in that? Oh and I hate duck egg blue. So I'm using sky blue instead.

Put the secondary hull together. Had some slight gap issues between the shuttle bay and the hull and around the pylons. Nothing to cry about. A little Mr. Surfacer and some sanding and we'll be good to go.

All the painting is completed. You know what that means? Aztec time. ;D

Looking good.
Good luck with the aztecing. Nearly drove me crazy when I did mine

This is my third aztec'd ship. First one was the 350 scale refit. I actually kinda like doing it.

Completed!!!
This little big "E" came out so much better then my 350 scale. No rattle cans and virtually no hand painting. You'd be amazed what you can do when you have the right tools. ;D

Latest posts

Back