1/100 U-VII C U-Boat

Good evening everyone.

The sub now has a conning tower. ;D
Was at the stage to mount the conning tower to the hull. Another milestone in the build.

Conning22_zps608d6a81.jpg

As well the RDF antenna was constructed and installed. I had the DF loop constructed, then abruptly lost it to the carpet monster. Ended up having to scratching a replacement. ::) Never did find the original.
Also a nose piece for the conning tower was installed.

Conning23_zps9f5a99ea.jpg

This afternoon started on the MG for the gun deck on the conning tower. the pedestal is built and am working on the gun itself. First time building something like this. We will see how it turns out.

DeckGuns1_zps942cec7f.jpg

That's it for tonight, lots of tiny bits for tomorrow.
Thanks for watching.

Jim

Papermodder said:
Hi Drpepeprz.
Thank you. You should try a paper model sometime. They are a lot of fun and a challenge. They are also good for your motor skills also and cheap. ;D

Jim

Just Ordered a P99 with silencer (James Bond's revolver), can't wait to try it :D

Today's update.
Today has been spent on the construction of that MG. Lots of tiny pieces and trying to interpret the very dark images in the instructions and comparing to the real thing. Sometimes it's just making the best guess.
I don't think it can out too bad.

DeckGuns2_zps5f3897bb.jpg

The original shoulder rests were too big and had to cut them back to be more in scale.
The gun was then installed on the gun deck along with the gun support lock, that was mounted to the deck.
If the gun looks low, in real life this pedestal elevates and the one supplied is at the bottom of the mount.

DeckGuns3_zps134dd9e0.jpg

Top down view.

DeckGuns4_zpsf2e2487d.jpg

Next up the main deck gun.

Jim

Not much for today.
Did get started on the main deck gun.
Rolling these little tubes is fun. ::)

DeckGuns5_zpsf83d7572.jpg

Should get a lot more done tomorrow, hopefully. 8)
Keep on building.

Jim

You are just a paper modeling MACHINE! My gawd I can't believe the detail that you are coaxing out of paper! Absolutely amazing, and a joy to watch!

Thank you Underlord.
I am not a master but always open to learn more. I love following the real masters of this hobby to learn from them.

Jim

Time for a short update. ;D

Have been working most of the weekend and still working on, the construction of the main deck gun.
This thing has so many parts, I didn't even bother to count anymore. ::)
This is a micro model all on it's own. Some parts you cannot even see, like the breech.

DeckGuns6_zps68abb7a1.jpg

Still lots to do on this gun yet. Still plugging away.

Thanks for watching.

Jim

Still working on the main deck gun. I love this gun. The designer put so much effort into it's content, I'm trying to put my effort into an honorable build of it as well as the whole model. I find myself continually working in a small scale, learning new techniques as I go along. I was watching another modeler today building card aircraft at 1/1700 scale as well as a dio. on a quarter. So I can not complain on size.

Still more to come this is the gun so far.

DeckGuns7_zps8bd2691e.jpg

DeckGuns8_zps5fa369b6.jpg

Have fun with your build.

Jim

Your patience is paying off Jim!! Gun is looking sweet!! Some great detail on this!! LOL..quarter!!! Sounds like fun!!! :eek: " learning new techniques as I go along" It is what it is all about brotha'!! Well that and FUN too!!! ;D

Thank you TRM.
Going to have to try one of those mini builds at some point. they have my curiosity. ;D

Jim

Latest posts

Back