Zombie Fighter Mustang

That is a nice set up you have there Scott.

I don't know a lot about Fords. I would put the engine in the chassis and see if it sits on an angle. Maybe if the back of the engine sits a little lower than the front, perhaps the air cleaner will appear straight and not slanted. I just looked at some photos and it looks like the engine might just sit like that. Some do I've noticed.

The spark plugs are a little long but I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just because the car may have came from the factory with the wires laying across the valve covers doesn't mean the owner didn't route them differently when replacing them. I've seen spark plug wires done differently on small block Chevys.

Thanks guys. Apparently the engine it seated so square this up.

As for the plugs...no stressing on that. ;)

Set your engine on the chassis and put the body and hood on. If it sets in there and the hood can close, wouldn't worry about it. Dr C. sure does have an excellent build going on with the '50 Ford. He sure can do the Salt Aye! 8) Glad you're starting to use your Safety equipment. You're way too young to be doing it wrong. Air born particles can kill :eek: Where did you find a 1:25 Thompson machine gun?? ???

Great vid Scott but..............If you paint lacquers again without ventilation or a mask, I'm driving straight to Canada and kick your butt. ;) NEVER do that with Urethane, it is the worst. One time can send you to the hospital. Ok, enough preaching, Excellent Update! ;D

Yup...bought new filters yesterday. No more of that..with laquers or enamels for sure.

That gun is from the Duke Boys Rosco police car kit. It has several weapons.

Scott Girvan said:
Yup...bought new filters yesterday. No more of that..with laquers or enamels for sure.

That gun is from the Duke Boys Rosco police car kit. It has several weapons.
The Roscoe kit has a lot of goodies. Always a good one to have in reserve on the shelf.

Not an expert about cars (except about the Smart for Two ;) )...

but the ideas around this build are great...

Keep rolling Scott :)
Jelly

Thanks Jelly.

Did manage a little bit of bench time this past weekend. Flairs are sanded off and doors are opened.

4638.jpg

Cool. Now get those flares on and lets see what it looks like. Take it to work and glue em on while you have your smoke break. ;D I can see you out in the parking lot now with a cig. in the corner of your mouth, Zap a Gap on the roof of your car trying to keep warm..... :D

I should...the bench is just in the house>down the stairs. :) Home office.

I'll do that tonight and also try to get more done on this.

+++

I'm wondering if after placing the jeep flares if I should open the car body so the 'full diameter' of the jeep flare is cut away?

Scott Girvan said:
I'm wondering if after placing the jeep flares if I should open the car body so the 'full diameter' of the jeep flare is cut away?

Would look pretty sweet!

Yeah...I think it would too.

And really, it only makes sense right? I mean why add flares in the first place if the wheel wells weren't open that large.

I'll experiment with it tonight. Gotta get this show on the road...

Oh I forgot you moved your office. That does make it easier.lol

Ya I'd open up the fenders to match the flares. That is easy. Just glue the flares on and then use a rotor tool with a sanding drum and trim it to match.

noname said:
Oh I forgot you moved your office. That does make it easier.lol
Sure does...temptation all the time, but I do have to work.

noname said:
Ya I'd open up the fenders to match the flares. That is easy. Just glue the flares on and then use a rotor tool with a sanding drum and trim it to match.

Yeah, that's smart. The flares don't/won't cover all the way down to the bottom of the body but I'll wrap a bit bumper at each end to cover that area.

OK, so still in fabrication mode. I've removed doors, inside and out. Sanded flares and glued Jeep flares. The Jeep parts don't 'adhere' completely around the Mustang's body. What I'm going to do is drill out the bottom bolt on the flares so it appears like they simply didn't fit nor get attached there.

Zombie Mustang 08 - Doors and Flares

Since the video I have committed to the gluing of the flares.
4639.jpg

4640.jpg

4641.jpg

4642.jpg

[attachment deleted by admin]

That looks cool. I'm digging the aggressive stance and the mix matched tires.

I would look at pictures of the 1:1 car to see how the inner door looks. Probably fill it in and then glue the inner door skin to the outer door and fill that in if you get my meaning. I've never done it but have seen others do it a good few times.

I like the smaller diameter rod but if you like the big stuff go with it. You can't go wrong with either. I just assume the bigger stuff would have thinner walls so it wouldn't be to heavy. It should attach to the frame somehow tho.

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, it will have to attach to the frame at a few locations for sure. I have the Jeep bush bar to attach and though the exo could attach to that somehow, and the rear 'big pipe' bumper I'll add...then behind the door to the frame. Still working that out.

As for the doors, I'm going to model the interior of the door, panel removed. For one cuz I think it will look cool and for two because the interior parts from the tub are destroyed...didn't cut them out clean.

Latest posts

Back