Yet another Star Trek scratch- phaser rifle!

xcept for a few pieces of trim, the body is DONE! here is the plastic frame, barrel is brass so its waiting for another color....

I primed it twice with MR Surfacer 500 then sprayed a light coat of Alclad II Transparent blue over that- then mixed some MM acrylic silver and sprayed this with the airbrush still dirty from the blue, then cleaned the brush and sprayed another bit of blue.

Alclad II (transparent blue) and MM acrylic silver DO mix! I'm giving this another thin coat of the silver later...

phaserrifle4.jpg
phaserrifle4b.jpg
Went for something different because afterall, this represents a 23rd century beam weapon! it should look unique.

Thanks Ken, I should be done by this weekend. This is my first weapon scratch and a huge learning curve for me. But it's gotten me interested in trying a couple of others. You know how it goes....

Star Trek phaser rifle!- DONE!!!

Almost, I still have a decal I MAY put on- where would you guys put it?

phaserrifledone3.jpg

phaserrifledone4.jpg

phaserrifledone2.jpg

phaserrifledone1.jpg

Personally? I am pleased! ;D

phaserrifledone.jpg

Fantastic work! I love the stand too!

What's the decal, another starfleet logo?

It's the little decal thats floating around in those pics, the starfleet insignia, gold swoop on a red dot.

And thanks igard, this makes me want to try some more small scale sci-fi beamers! lol

LOL! Looks about right for a typical Mirror Universe shuttle weapon! ;D

Very nice work.

You had me fooled - I thought you were building it 1:1 scale! :D Looking really good, makes me want to try my hand at scratchbuilding. Keep up the great work!

You were not the only one fooled Clumsy, It's just shy of 8 inches long, the shuttle taps out at 5 5/8 inches.

I have NO desire to build a sci-fi weapon at full scale. But you should try scratching one, makes a nice desk piece. lol

Latest posts

Back