WW2 In Color

Cave_Dweller

So, I'm not a huge fan of WW2, but a friend gave me this documentary and I finally started watching it. I know the basic history, but not the details. This is old footage that has been colorized with modern computer techniques, narrated by some British guy, and put into a concise package of 13 or so episodes, each about an hour long.

I must say it's been absolutely fascinating to watch and learn about the history of what went down. I really think it being in color makes it more easy to relate to. The faces of the soldiers look more human. The vehicles look more real. And the tragedy of it so much more horrifying.

Really just an amazing series to watch, and now I understand the tanks a lot of yas build here a little bit better.

Anyways, check it out if you like documentaries!

Definately a great series. Youtube has loads of doco's on ww2. Check out
Soviet Storm ww 2 in the east series. 8)

you should watch the World at War series. its in bw but it is a fantastic series from 1973/74 with plenty of interview segments from veterans, this is must on WWII history

I think some of the footage in that show was shot in colour and the rest was colourised.

I'll have to check if it's on Netflix

John

Jaitea said:
I think some of the footage in that show was shot in colour and the rest was colourised.

John
it is.

Jaitea said:

John

That might be true, some of the footage was clearly vintage, but some of it had too many FPS, resolution too high, etc. I don't think cameras were that good even late in the war.

I'm gonna have to check out those other shows.

they had color cameras back then but not a lot i recon

Latest posts

Back