WW1 Dogfight

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
Dusted off another one from the collection. 1/72 Airfix's Roland CII and a 1/144 scratchbuilt
D.H.4. . Love those Aiffix kits... they come with pilots. It went together great. Made a mini forced
perspective dogfight scene. Comments are always welcomed.
modelpics3006.jpg
modelpics3007.jpg
modelpics3026.jpg
Why don't kit's provide pilot figures anymore, we should at least have the option.
modelpics3010.jpg
I added a scarf extention to the pilot for more visual interest. HAPPY MODELING.

Panzerman,

Your keeping the fun in modeling. Fantastic. Looks great and I agree with you about the pilots not comming with the kit. I mean how much more effort and resouces would it take for modeling companies to include one or two. I want to be in the dogfight. I'm making machine gun noises at the pics........glad nobodys watchin! ::)

Great looking little piece ,love the scratched DH4, I have a 1/48 Roland ..must get round to it ,you're putting me in the notion for it ;D ...Love it .

Chris.

Hey, thanks alot guys. It's nice to receive positive feedback from one's own peers.
This Airfix kit was one of their $1.00 bagged kits, They had a range of different kits,
all for a dollar. Hard to believe these days...the cost of kits, aftermarket extras, etc.
Also, I like the idea of an aircraft display "OTHER" than it sitting on a tarmac, no pilot,
and over $100 in aftermarket in the cockpit. Then again I'm weird like that...HAHAHA!

Very Creative! You're right about the need for more vignettes of airplanes in their natural habitat, The AIR! Like the base also. 8)

That's awesome. Love the forced perspective using the two different scales. Very clever.

Another A+ Panzerman! Great little scene. Everyone has to pause, lean in and study this one when they pass by it. Very cool!

The figures are fantastic! I have never done a WW1 bird - all those wings and rigging scare me. Yours is awesome.

Great idea, and it worked! And I agree, all aircraft kits should include at least one figure for every position.

Latest posts

Back