Working in a wood shop... How to?

adampolo13

Hey guys,

So as some of you already know my wife and I just completed our cross country move, California to Rhode Island. The one downside is that we are staying with my wife's parents for a while unitl our house sells back in California. This leaves me down a mancave, the only area I am going to be able to do any real work in is my Father-in-law's wood shop! I'm not too worried about construction in there but painting, that is another story! Does anybody have experience building/working/painting in a wood shop? I'm thinking I could build some sort of spray both with a cover so that when I'm done doing whatever I can just close it up. Keeping the saw dust etc out is going to be a pain. Any suggestions? Hopefully it wont be too long, but I am addicted and can't stay away. God know's if I keep building my stash without building anything my wife will go insane... hahaha

Thanks again,

Adam

adampolo, my mancave is down in my basement which is very dusty so what I did was put heavier plastic up on the rafters to attempt to trap as much dust as I can. It works relatively good as I don't get much dust on my paint jobs. I always cover the parts I paint until there cured and after I'm finished working on anything before stopping for the night. I always use a tack cloth to wipe everything off as well before resuming again the next time. Donn Yost also recommended a metal supply of some sort (I forget the name) on his video that you can nail up on the rafters of your work area as well to trap dust.

you could try riggin up an old table cloth or something to cover it. My dad does wood work and when I used to live at home I had a shelf above where I worked and attached the table cloth to the shelf with some clamps. Then just let it draped down over the model ( of course making sure it doesn't touch it. Could even use some spare wood to hold the table cloth down so it didn't open on accident.

Latest posts

Back