WIP Marder II D by Alan (Continued)

Terry if I had said how I really felt I would more than likely not be here any longer. ;D

Being 69 years old with two heart attacks under my belt I feel like i'm on borrowed time and if buying a lot of AM is the shortest route between point "A" and "B" that's the way I go Spud.

If I was as young as most of you guys and after doing my first scratch building on this one which was very rewarding I could really get into that. I guess I fall into the "Assembler" category and not a "Modeler" but I can live with that.

Well one of the idler wheels just fell apart for no reason and I need to go fix it. I'll have an update for you guys later.

Tony lee :)

69 years young ;D...... with to wake up calls :-X ......building on your time 8)...as for the AM.....Way better at it than I....No comment!!! ::)

Fix the wheel and get some pics up!!! ;)

Here you go Tim ;D
A coat of AK Interactive Brown/Blue Wash and it looks better already. The bright lights killed the wash but it's there and just fine to the eye.
100_1220.jpg

100_1221.jpg

100_1222.jpg

100_1223.jpg

Good lord,the camera does show a lousy job of seam filling. :(
While this dries over the weekend i'll finish working on the gun.

What do you guys think? Don't sugar coat it if you don't mind please.
Thanks

it actually looks pretty cool with no gun, and tony i love it. put me in yer will for all yer tools will ya .. good man :p

Thanks guys,here's hoping I can make it look even better by the time I get through.

Looks good Tony, I take it that the paint got darker after applying the future? If this is the case. It should get lighter again when you dull coat it.

Like spud said, I love it! You ARE a modeler my man! You took a “not so good” kit and made something of it! Kudos for that buddy!

BTW, I wanna see some picks of the Buffalo you have hanging on yer wall. ;D

This is Billy the Kid
100_0569.jpg
He was a you guy that a small town near by got to celebrate their centennial.
One day it got out of the pasture it was in and on the highway. They tried to put it back in the pasture but he wouldn't go so the highway patrol shot it to open the road back up to traffic.

I had the head mounted but the hide was lost in a flood while being tanned. :'(

That period panzer grey was pretty dark so i'm not worried about that. I thought I had the seam really smooth but I guess the filler dust just made it look that way and the paint washed the dust out out the seam and the shine enhanced it. Russian Dust will fill it back up ;D

Thanks a bunch my friend

TONY ,

Whada'-ya'-talkin' about ? This Marder is bangin' ! It's got a nice tone . If you want it a li' lighter you could just do a quick dry brush around it.

It'll be fine ... dust it up it'll blend all together !!

Th Trax came out lookin' very nice ! Grat sag ..... This thing Rox Bro !

Roy I spent a week with a bunch of American Mountain Men years ago and they had a huge hump roast on a spit and when you got hungry you could just cut yourself a hunk.
Man that was the best tastin flesh I ever put in my mouth.

I never thought it was too dark Erik,where did you get that idea? ;D
Love them there Friuls bro.
Tony lee

He He Tony, that big furry beast is cool. My son jut got his first big buck and he is having the head mounted.

TONY ,

Uh ...... too dark .... I don't know what I was thinkin' ...

Ummm... Keep up th good work ... More pix please ;D

OK, I finished the final part installs on the gun and armor shields and painting so it's all ready to start the weathering to match the transport.
100_1226.jpg

100_1227.jpg
I built and got the base coat on the figure for this Marder a year ago so I plan to finish him too.

NFL play-off time,we'll see you Monday

:eek: That is really looking sweet! I can really dig the weathering now compared to the un weathered gun. Atta boy!

Tony,

Great work on the marder. I really like the wood on your tools. I have a soft spot for the early dark gray tanks.

Latest posts

Back