WIP Flak Tower with 88mm Flak 36

thanks guys, i know there isnt a ladder on the original from what i can see but meh its my dio ;D and its good practice for scratch building and its fun

almost forgot the pic of it.
IMG_0356.jpg
all filled and ready for sanding tomorrow

thanks guys. i think im done with the gun, ive added some bits that were not needed by the gun to give some interest to the block i also added some wires

IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0361.jpg
IMG_0362.jpg
IMG_0365.jpg

nasty buggers flak towers, only thing that makes me more concerend are locomotives and ships... DX flak nightmare man.

looks like the details are coming right along, just don't point the guns at me XD

Just clocked on to this so far top marks this is scratch building extreme!!!! looking forward to seein this build coming along

Geegad

hehe thanks Geegad so far it was teh most fun part of the build

managed to get my molds done today so ill be updating in a few days i hope

I'll be following this with interest.

I'm planning to do a very-late-war table for Flames of War at some point in the future, depicting a ruined Berlin with one of the Flak Towers as a centrepiece. But yours is on a quite different scale...

oh thwould be epic but if you were to do it in 1:72 scal teh flak tower would be at least 21+ inches that a monster and it would be twice that in with. but if you are brave enough to try it ild love to see the result.

spud said:
oh thwould be epic but if you were to do it in 1:72 scal teh flak tower would be at least 21+ inches that a monster and it would be twice that in with. but if you are brave enough to try it ild love to see the result.

Since it's for Flames of War it'll be in 1:100 scale. Even so, a Flak Tower would be a massive building with a footprint of around 50 cm. square - depending on the type.

But that's all in the future. Right now I'm working on an early war French Countryside table centred on the Gros Ouvrage de Fermont.

wow thats a small scale. and i taught 1:72 was small. it will still be interesting to see once start it

spud said:
wow thats a small scale. and i taught 1:72 was small. it will still be interesting to see once start it

Yeah, it can be quite a challenge to work with such a small scale. On the other hand, you don’t need to worry as much about details as they can’t be seen at that scale.

I could post some pictures of my current board if there’s any interest in it...

f2k said:
spud said:

Yeah, it can be quite a challenge to work with such a small scale. On the other hand, you don’t need to worry as much about details as they can’t be seen at that scale.

I could post some pictures of my current board if there’s any interest in it...
Get it on here bud any scale or model I am interested in

Latest posts

Back