• AMT Proshop, hero X-wing

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • ERTL Falcon, resin feast

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Junkie

So which one for the contest?

AMT Snowspeeder
Attempt a 1:22 'make that kit shine' accuracy build and paint.

Proshop X-wing
Attempt to build and paint a hero 'studio scale style' X-Wing with the 1:32 Proshop Kit.

ERTL Falcon
Attempt to finally build an Ep.IV Falcon with all the after market trimmings.

I'll be first. Proshop X-Wing.

For a few reasons;
1. you are already very familiar with the subject, and might still have a ton of references kicking around
2. it's the right size to really focus on the finish, paint and weathering
3. you have the flexibility to go as deep into the scratch building as you feel comfortable and time allows (may not be the case with the Falcon loaded out with all the AM)

Jason

I'm gonna say the Falcon. Because it's the Falcon and no other reason is required. ;)

I'm also suggesting the X-wing, again because of your familiarity with the ship itself, if not this version

Falcon may be a bit ambitious for the time given

X-wing's always been cooler than the snowspeeder

I say Falcon because A) it's the coolest ship in the galaxy, B) if your a Star Wars fan and love modelling you HAVE to have built at least one falcon before C) you'd rock it. Tons of scratch building and kit bashing on that rear! A custom paint job! Awesome.

I say....

Do the Falcon...

Do the Falcon.....

DO THE FALCON
.....please
J

Very interesting discussion - for me at least. Thanks guys.

No love for the speeder eh? Funny, I have a HUGE memory of that hasbro toy, and getting it and playing with my brother. Can almost 'smell it'...if you know what I mean.

The Falcon is a HUGE project. I agree that 3 months might not be enough time. It could be soooo cool though.

Should I tackle the pro-shop there will be a complete 'accuracy' makeover prior to paint. Honestly I'd love to try a blue and yellow paint scheme as well...not cannon but I love the way Alfred Wong's version looks. (for those that have seen it)

Thank Scott, I gotta say, I'm really excited about this years BSC! 15 days can't go by fast enough!

I am more a fan of the Y-wing and being the Falcon would be a large time consuming one, then The speeder is my choice as well.

I would say the Speeder or the Falcon, with preference towards the Falcon, becuz, it's cool and stuff. But the Speeder would be fun because it's less covered, and there's also more wiggle room there than with the Falcon, becuz, it's THE Falcon.

Sooo.... I say Speeder!

Thanks for the comments guys, you all really have me thinking.

There's another Star Wars build I am considering but it would only be eligible for the All Open since it is started. Hmmm...

A Star Wars build this year for sure.

I could resurrect this one as well...for the All Open (not that I actually enter).

2464.jpg

It would be a shame to never finish it.

;)

Hate to be the guy that creates a poll with 3 options then goes with a completely different build but I think I'll be that guy. Over the weekend I reviewed all the kits and rediscovered this build. I really, really hate having so many shelf queens, especially after spending money on aftermarket for them.

I think I"ll finish the ProShop X-Wing Hangar Scene Diorama - but no forced perspective insanity.

I'd like to change my vote from the Falcon to the Snowspeeder. For some reason I was thinking of the speeder bikes from Endor. The Snowspeeder was easily one of my fav ships when I was a kid. The toy was so rad.

There, now Snowspeeder and the X-Wing are tied.

:)

Latest posts

Back