Which aspects of the hobby do you want to learn more about?

Which aspects of the hobby do you want to learn more about?

• The Basics

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Scratchbuilding

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • Airbrush / Painting

Votes: 68 50.4%
  • Weathering

Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Figure Painting

Votes: 56 41.5%
  • Groundwork

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • Lighting / Electronics

Votes: 40 29.6%

• Total voters
Electronics, airbrushing....really keeping the darn thing clean and not so much the painting. (dry tip and such at low PSI) figures.

For me scratching and figures are always the first articles I go looking for. Although I find myself looking more and more for simple(r) electronics articles to add different types of lighting effects to projects and ideas.

Great poll guys. Looks like we're all basically on the same page, pretty even voting and great comments. Thanks.

For anyone reading this; I'll post a new poll tomorrow. I'm open to suggestions but only via PM please.

Definitely lighting and electronics. Started tinkering with it last year, have become somewhat obsessed. I've lit up two models so far but there is still so much to learn...

I think I've got the basics down - cleaning, assembling, undercoating, basecoating...

So I picked weathering. I get green with envy when I see some of the weathering you guys do, so that's definitely an area where I need to improve.

I am on a quest to paint the perfect figure......the more info the better. I have all the guys in my club give me the kit figures they are not going to use to practice on. I have painted many heads and I feel like I am getting better but still need a lot of work. This might sound kinda "girly" but the figure adds the emotion to the piece.

Panzer Girl

Panzergirl said:
I am on a quest to paint the perfect figure......the more info the better. I have all the guys in my club give me the kit figures they are not going to use to practice on. I have painted many heads and I feel like I am getting better but still need a lot of work. This might sound kinda "girly" but the figure adds the emotion to the piece.

Panzer Girl

Hi, Panzer Girl, no, that's not girly at all. I like to include figures with my models, because I think they provide a sense of scale, and they enliven a display. I grew up on Monogram, Revell, Airfix kits, back in the day, and it was customary, for makers to include figures in their kits, so it always seemed natural to me to have them.

You are much braver than a lot of modelers, though. Many modelers, who have excellent skills, are anxious about painting a figure. I look forward to seeing your work here in the forum!

Latest posts

Back