When will the Revell JJ Enterprise be available in the US?

Jellostorm

Hey all,

I dont really post anything but lurk here as I like to light up starships. I was looking at the new Into Darkness Enterprise and it looks like a really nice kit by Revell, however it is not yet available in the United States.

Does anybody have an idea when this will be available for purchase / order in the US? Their site doesn't even list it and all it has under space is Star Wars.

If you can order it on a website or any kit shop in Europe, won't it be just as fine that waiting for a sell in the US ?

I think the only way to get it here is with crazy prices on Ebay. The other Revell kits were never sold here.

So if you want it, you will have to go to a European kit supplier. I think Round 2 has the U.S. license for these kits so it can't be sold here.

Grendels said:
I think the only way to get it here is with crazy prices on Ebay. The other Revell kits were never sold here.

So if you want it, you will have to go to a European kit supplier. I think Round 2 has the U.S. license for these kits so it can't be sold here.

That's awful for us in America, who want a new kit. :mad:

Ditto what Grendals said.

I just went through the Revell listings on their dealers site, and no mention of it.

With Round 2 having the rights to all things Star Trek, I doubt we will see it here in stores.

That's the kind of thing a European SMA member could do. Unfortunatly not me, don't have enough money, My paypal account is closed for years, but as soon as I fix the problem, I can investigate to find you fine solutions.

We've got members in GB, France, Switzerland, even russia right ?
All the kits you don't find in the Us we can find at an abordable price. I even can try to order to some kit suppliers friends in Paris (Euromaquette). Or check if they can sell those kits to you guys...
Don't know about the shipping price, but clearly it can be cheaper than on ebay, right ?

I remember reading this last year on Sci-Fi Model Action about Round 2 so thought it may be worth adding it to this thread. If this is not accurate i appologise ;)

At Wonderfest 2012, the question was asked if Round 2 still had the license for the new Trek films and Jamie said they did not. That is a different licensed property from other Trek. That should mean that this new kit of the Enterprise should be available in North America as well as Europe as unlike the Revell TOS Enterprise and the classic Klingon, there shouldn't be any exclusivity agreement as to where it is marketed

Had a quick look and it seems to be around £28 shipped in the UK and there are plenty of companies that ship to the US (not sure of he shipping costs though?). Like Youli suggested, Maybe ask a european buddy to help you out??? Jay

I picked up mine through an AmazonUK-based seller, only set me back about $60 USD, including shipping.
Now, granted, I won't actually HAVE the kit until the 17th of June, but...
Just saying that there are other options than EvilBay

Do a google search on "Revell Into Darkness Enterprise" and see what you can find.

As to the US thing, remember that it took Revell Germany almost a year to market their Star Wars kits here in the US.
It may just be a matter of time, and patience

Culttvman and starship modeler both had the kit available but they sold out fast. I was lucky enough to get one before they did and am in the process of doing an OOB review. I think culttvman sold out in 3 hours and that was with a limit of 1 per customer.

amateurmodeler said:
Culttvman and starship modeler both had the kit available but they sold out fast. I was lucky enough to get one before they did and am in the process of doing an OOB review. I think culttvman sold out in 3 hours and that was with a limit of 1 per customer.

He didn't get his full order either. So he has more coming.

Bear in mind, also, that, unless they got a deal on the second shipment, both SSM and Cult will be charging around $60 USD just for the kit.

This is based off what they charged with the first shipment

Like the guys said get it from EBay or a EU dealer. I picked one up from Models4Hobby on EBay and they were very hands on and responsive with any shipping issues that have arisen. Now I'm just waiting for some of the AM to come out before I start hacking it up.

Latest posts

Back