Whats faster than road ace on the quarter mile?

8)

Revell Monogram 1/25th scale Dragster

Engine1-1.jpg
its massive engine is not any ordinary dragster engine, believe it or not a lot of the stuff dragsters have keep to the original standards. a 90 degree V-8 not much larger than 500CI or roughly about 8.2 liters. a valve train that still uses push rods and 2 valves per cyliner. however since they are blown to high heaven, and running on a liquid explosive, they create in excess of 8,000HP. this engine would feature special Carbon fiber pushords, both stronger and lighter than any other material, that could be used. it also features a special spark plug coil boosting system, and has Pneumatic valve springs like on a formula one race car, allowing the massive engine to sustain its high Rev easier these big engines get up in excess of 10,000RPM rev.

Engine2-1.jpg
the engine comes with quite some detail, but as always i wanted more, for spark plug wires i chose to use fishing line and rigged up my own spark plug "coil booster" from a peace of sprue. the peaces of fishing line are glued into the holes where the spark plug prongs would be positioned, painted black, with red tips and yellow markings on the wires to give it a lettered look. i kept the parts chrome beacuse i like chrome.

Engine3.jpg
this engine is painted much like the Corvette engines, particularly the 427 L-88 with a few twists, i painted the block legendary Chevy engine orange, and painted the cylinder heads dark red, then i painted the intake manifold silver, and the transmission and clutch housing silver. the hoses are from a older engine kit that got busted, the kit did come with its own but they where really hard to manage and looked kind of cheep so i made my own.

Rubbers.jpg
the tires had thick mold lines, and came in several peaces, i fixed the mold lines by taking some sand paper and sanding them down, and it gave the tires a real tire look, as if the tires just got freshly warmed up. the lettering on the side was hand painted since the decals where in very poor condition and crumbled... it doesn't look perfect, but at least they look nice...

Cockpit.jpg
the "Cockpit" featres a red seat, and its seatbelts are painted black with silver buckles, the interior is Chromate green!

Cockpit2.jpg
the roll cage broke in some places removing it from the sprue, i did some other things too it, to try and make it look nice, the steering wheel was painted silver, the interior has some other fixing such as pedals and such.

Lookingdownthebarrel.jpg
the paint scheme of black red and orange was used again, as usual the number 13 is the number for the car, and the spade is located on the upper part of the body just in front of the tiny windshield.

angleview.jpg
the decals used where primarily Aircraft decals, the decals that came with the kit crumbled apon application attempts, Ariel victory markings, and Mustang markings are on the nose, on the side is a small USAAF star with a lady on it, and on the right side is a large pin up girl, this dragster is pretty much dressed up like a WWII fighter.

Sideview1.jpg
A top fuel dragster can run quarter miles in under 4 seconds, and can reach in excess of 320MPH in just a quarter mile! the car basically fries its engine in one single run, which is no surprise when you have a big block push rod engine in excess of 500CI displacement, doing over 10,000RPM, blown to hell and running on a explosive... does it come to any surprise that its engine is done within 3 to 4 seconds.

thethreetroublemakers.jpg
Road ace and the Ace Of Spades racing the new member of the family!

so Gentleman, Ladies... the name of this beautiful peace has been un decided... i need some help. what should it be?

how about... "Tres HombrAce" <-- little play on words there
or... "Winner take all"
or... "3 down and 10 to go" <-- play on the 13

Myke said:
how about... "Tres HombrAce" <-- little play on words there
or... "Winner take all"
or... "3 down and 10 to go" <-- play on the 13

hmmm, the names are kind of long, something short and sweet...

@spud
yea... its a really long kit.

@Quaralane
thanks bud XD, yep, it looks ok

@Myke
LOL! you made my day with that XD

@Eastrock
ooh yea! burn rubber baby!

@ShutterAce
have no idea where you can get one..

Hey Ace ,That looks pretty sharp buddy :)...I like that last pic too ,very well done fella .

Chris.

Cool trio of Aces! :)
Nice job with this dragster, he is a great addition to the team. Well done!

thanks scott... i see ya put the engine on the new video for SMA... thanks :D i really worked hard on that engine, lots... of detail, and the new 1/32 scale Ace Of Spades P-51s Rolls Royce Packard Merlin V-1650-7 will not be short in the detail department either... when people take off the engine cowls, i want them to say WOW!!!

Latest posts

Back