Whats faster than road ace on the quarter mile?

13aceofspades13

lets kick some tires and lights some fires!
i have here a 1/25th scale Monogram Revell Kit of a top fuel dragster, its a nice kit, and i already am very impressed with my progress, of course having better tools and supplies would make it look better but it looks good enough for me...

ENGINE!!

here is the construction of the 8,000HP bahemoth that makes Road aces 427 look like a play toy.

Unpaintedengineblock.jpg
block carfully constructed

engineinprocess.jpg
Block painted Cylinder heads, Rocker Covers, Intake manifold, decided to go with a similar paint scheme too the Corvette 427 with orange block chrome rocker covers, silver intake manifold, and silver transmission and clutch bell housing.

Enginewithsomedetails.jpg
Supercharger installed, blower scoop installed butterfly valves painted

Enginedone.jpg
Engine construction finished, spark plugs spark plug wires spark plug coil booster fuel system, oil system installed all 8,000+HP ready to rock and role after a few little touch ups!

alright everyone, tell me what you think, im heading in for the night, i also have the frame somewhat cunstructed and the tires and such, but ill show you that later, lots of details for this build and i do not want to do it half way... see you guys soon.

Ace, you are working it!
Either flying down the track or through the skies!
I am looking forward to witnessing the progress on this build. ;D

Tidy progress there Ace .that engine looks good . Nice to see ya doing another car ;)

Chris.

@Chris
love cars, and airplanes XD

@ModelMakerMike
thanks mike, glad you like it. XD

@Quaralane
glad you like the V-8 aint even done with her yet, i want to finish up the spark plug wires and add some fuel lines...

DragSlicks.jpg
here is a treat for you guys... the tires! they come with mold lines on them right across the "Tread" oxymoron since they are slicks, so i took a step that the pro model builder did not when he built the kit for the on the box photo display, i got rid of those pesky sun of a guns. took some sand paper sanded them down, not only did it get rid of a good deal of those pesky lines... but it made the tires look like rubber tires and not molded plastic toys...

DragSlicks2.jpg
the lettering on the side was detailed, may not be perfect, but the goal here is completion and not perfection, just completing as patiently as i can. wish i could find some toothpicks in this house, it would make the detailing a load easier...

Always a big improvement to remove the seams buddy ,rudding helps give the trye a nice worn look as well ,nice work ;)

Chris.

@Grendels
thanks bud.

@Quaralane
yes taking the time to get rid of them sure was worth it.

@Eastrock
glad you like it bud XD

@Fumblethumbs
yea the engine i would have to say is the best and most fun part of the build, the rest of it is kind of a pain, the tires are nice too... just really hard to get on the model.

@Chris
Yep thats what i was trying to acheve by scuffing up the tires, give them a warmed up realistic look and get rid of the seem

Well the build tonight is stopped for now, only beacuse my little brother has to sleep in the living room beacse my parents spoil him too much and never make him sleep in his own bed like i had to when i was his age ::) :p.

CHASSIS!!!

the first part of the chassis constructed with that Nitro Methane fuel tank installed, went with a dark gray to give it a Carbon Fiber look, though since i dont know how to make it look fibery it didn't quite work out like that... o well, thats ok still looks nice.
Frame.jpg

Front wheels and rearward part of the frame installed, the tires where a horrible fit for the wheels, Revell could have done a much better job with that, so many little parts had to be installed to the chassis, and without a bunch of fancy tools this job is next to impossible to get the little parts on. Revell could have also been a little more thoughtful and clear with the directions for this part. some peaces where a real pain to fit in, things had to line up just right to remotely go together, this part took quite some time...
Frame2.jpg

got the spoiler and a few more things constructed, the spoiler construction is absolutely horrible... the peaces fit together horribly and barley hold together without a fuss, once again, revell could have done a better job with this... the front spoiler, is really horrible, its supposed to glue to the body, but there is barley anywhere for them to attach. the engine was a really fussy fit, the fuel lines connected too the fuel tank barley connected to the engine, i was just able to get them together after quite some fiddling, and hte parachute packs have barley anything to hold on too, so they have some sudden urges to fall off.
Frame3.jpg

things are shaping up despite issues, the tires barley fit on this thing, i had to fight and glue them into place beacuse they just wont click on the axles, and parts fell off in the process so i had to put it all back together, all of its a pain, but my patience will be rewarded in the end.
Frame4.jpg

with the body and spoilers attached, its starting to look like a dragster, but there are still issues, parts of the body are horrible fits.. again, but thats ok, got it on, looks almost compleet now, but trust me, its far from compleet...
Roughfinish.jpg

Looks great Ace. Yeah, she does look a might fiddly to put together. I'd say you've got this beast tamed though!! Good work!

@fumblethumbs
she is a beast to tame for sure, but she is getting tamed...

@Grendels
she is a lot of work... i am still not done yet, and i have worked hours on this thing

@ModelMakerMike
yep... this is a rail car for sure, 8,000+HP race bread and ready to rock and role. well... almost.

ok guys, got some details down on this beast, the famous spade adawns the top near the rear close to the windshield, followed buy a sharp diamond with my signature and favorite number thats on all my cars. i got a pretty girl on the side, everything looks better with a pretty girl... and some areal victory markings on it near the top, got some USAAF symbols next too the "Cockpit" with more pretty girls on them,. i have used most all decals from scale model plane kits, the decals that came with this car SUCK!!! i tried the goodyear decals that are supposed to go on the body... and they crumbled, tried some other ones, they crumbled, so i ditched the decals that came with the kit, i am impressed with some of the stiff with this kit, and very disappointed with other things, either it is its age, or Revell could have done a much better job...

Almostdone.jpg

next im gonna add some more details, work on the engine a little more, my engines are what make my cars, HORSEPOWER BABY!!! thats the name of the game!

Dude! That thing is awesome. Great work on this.
Feelin the need to go get in my car and drive really fa....., ah who am I kidding, I drive a Kia Sportage.

Latest posts

Back