Website Down

Elm City Hobbies

Hey there guys, I am sure the boss will chime in with more details when he can, but just wanted to give you the skinny on why SMA was down.

The host company had a planned outage as the power company was changing a line that went to their building.

That all went according to plan apparently, but as a result of the maintenance by the power company it corrupted the filesystem in their network switches. What was supposed to be a "safe shutdown" turned into an unexpected reboot of their systems, which fried some of the network switches.

Seems like SMA is back up running and fine, however Elm City Hobbies is still down as the server I am on now has a corrupted operating system, which they are in the process of repairing.

Don't know if Scott G has any other info, as his work computer was down as well, so maybe not, and very well may just have the same info I have.

Yeah, I haven't had access to email and therefore don't know the details. Looks like we're up and running again and that is good.

I have been getting this for at least a week. Does this have anything to do with it?
scale_model.jpg

Actually, dkev, that's to let you know that there are changes on the way here at SMA.
Good changes, I promise

Latest posts

Back