Waiting on the Convoy

Re: Wating on the Convoy

Brilliant work buddy , its looking stunning .you've nailed the weathering mate ,nicely abused ;D

Chris.

Hey Guys! A little update for this one. Switching gears with the 2 projects I added for the contest but still running.

1st, the kitchen. I shot some primer yesterday (shown) and a base today (not). Looking forward to moving into the weathering on this in the next couple of days.

2nd, I started the base the other day as well. Shown I have most of the 3 different colorings added, next will come the dusting and washes and some dried vegetation.

1%20001.jpg

1%20023.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Nice work on the kitchen T ,its came out great ,I'd say it looks better than the old Tamiya one ;).
Base is coming along nicely too buddy .

Chris.

Thanks Noname!

Thanks Chris, We'll see about that when I'm done :eek: Found some "things" after base coating, a little touch-up and it will be fine. You would think I could stick with one genre! ::) Floaty things, wingy things, rusted armor things, Vehicles and now....kitchens! ;D All at the same time! :p God help me if the part get screwed up, might have to enter something under the everything category! 8)

A little update. I figured since I was painting some stuff for one of my entries in the contest I would hit the kitchen a bit. Still a few coats of this and that to go but it's getting there. :p

1%20041.jpg

1%20040.jpg

1%20044.jpg

Thanks for visiting! ;D

Love the burnt paint look you are achieving on the surface, Some areas of that thing remind me of my wood stove.

Nice. 8)

Thanks guys!

@ ken - LOL, i was looking at some trying to get the feel of the heat treated metal. I have a lot of burnt metal around work from all the testing we do. Hopefully I will end up with something close to what I am seeing! ::)

Thats looking very cool T ....very nice work indeed buddy ;)

Chris.

Hey guys! Started making a little more progress on this project.

But 1st.....

Thanks Chris! Sorry buddy, missed your post back in...........APRIL????!!! I must be out of it, mmmmm what would that be???? Oh yeah the SMA CONTEST!!!! LOL!!!!!

[size=10pt]Duh!!!!! :p[/size]

Back at it....

I picked up a couple sets of Afrika Korps Figures. With absolutely no experience with figs at all, I will muster on. I have been reading up on just about whatever I can and with postings like Chris's fig tutorial among a couple others I am having at it!!

The kits:

1%20036.jpg

Just the 'bonus' figs from this one....the tank ended up being the BONUS this time around

1%20232.jpg

Here is some of the guys, primed and a base coat....

1%20055.jpg

I am not using this guy in the 'convoy' scene but I thought I would paint him up anyway for practice....I have been calling him John ::)

1%20054.jpg

Quickly jump forward here. I applied a wash to all of them and started painting one of the heads with oils yesterday and tonight.

1%20223.jpg

1%20226.jpg

Working the eyes

1%20222.jpg

1%20224.jpg

I added some highlight tones and a little hair color to bring out the face a little at the moment.

1%20231.jpg

1%20234.jpg

Still have more to do but I think I am getting there.
I'll keep plugging away in an effort to finish this project at some point this year! ;D

Thanks for hanging out for a bit!! ;)

Thanks Guys! Wating to see what the tones look like when the oils flash off. ;D

Latest posts

Back