Waiting on the Convoy

TRM

Hey guys! This is a project I started a couple of weeks back. It should take to long to get up to speed here.

Scope:

An Afika Korps Scene using Tamiya's old 1/35 Horch 1a, left over trailer from another project converted to a field kitchen some figures (still need to get) in an attempt to create a relaxed scene of soldiers waiting on the movement of the convoy.....definitely a WIP. Hope you enjoy!

The Kit:

K%20B-day%20and%20stuff%202-27-11%20041.jpg

The build so far:

1%20025.jpg
1%20026.jpg
1%20027.jpg
1%20028.jpg

Everything on he Horch is just about ready for paint, may start priming this weekend????

The trailer: Left over from a previous build of a 20mm Flakvierling. Scratchin' my way to a field kitchen. :D

1%20021.jpg
1%20032.jpg
1%20007.jpg
1%20003.jpg
1%20002.jpg

And that's where it's at for the moment. Still working out the layout before I start the base and of course the figures. Thanks for stopping in!

Re: Wating on the Convoy

Hiya T, Nice to see this here ,its really taking shape buddy ,I like what you're doing with the kitchen ..looking very good ...especially all that shiney stuff ! ;D

Chris.

Thanks Chris! Glad to be here. Heading out to pick up supplies in a little. Itching to slap paint of the Horch maybe today. :p

I'll be looking forward to that ... ;D

Chris.

Appreciate the kind word Grendels! Thanks! ;D

Appreciate the kind word Grendels! Thanks! ;D

I love watching other people scratch build, specially when they are good at it. This should look sharp when finished.

Thanks Noname, you are too kind!

A little update...

Shifting gears from the trailer to the Horch, I began slinging paint and some weathering. I still have stuff to finish as well as touch-ups, washes,dusting, etc......

1%20017.jpg

1%20010.jpg

1%20020.jpg

1%20021.jpg

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Great chipping and weathering ... going to be interesting to see this wrapped up.

Cool ! Great start & Awesome Weathering on the Horch !! I've always liked th look of this Kit !! I'll stay tuned !!

Yep i must agree, love the weathering and chipping,nice work. 8)

Thanks for the kind words guys, it's much appreciated! ;)

Very nice weathering there. Work's going to pay off in the end, for sure.

Thanks Q! Getting ready to finish up the trailer for paint soon and will work on the base this week....trying to clear, or mostly clear, the bench for the contest build(s). Good times at hand!!!! ;D

Top notch work buddy ,really like the way this is going T ,cant wait to see that kitchen painted ;D The missus says you can do ours next ...lol

Chris.

Thanks Chris! LOL!!!! Used to general contract, never did garage doors, carpet or PAINTING!!!! always subbed it out. But for you , I would make an exception ;D.....the commute might kill me though???? :p

Inching my way closer to the oils. Decals are on and the wind screen Might through a couple of pics up after the show tomorrow ::)

Taking the plunge!!! This is a small update.....

I have not worked to much with oils for weathering before and was waiting a couple of days to decide and finally started in. I had some sun popping through the slider this morning and went for some early shots. I have one or two more coats left to go along with some washes, picked up a great dust weathering wash kit from AK Interactive USA today at the Valleycon 21 Wings and Wheels modeling show. The show was great! Saw a lot of great creations! Didn't enter anything this time but there is always another show! ;)

1%20001.jpg

1%20002.jpg

1%20003.jpg

1%20005.jpg

1%20004.jpg

1%20007.jpg

With the oil weathering I have a while before drying and getting to the next coat, so there should be plenty of time to keep punching out the kitchen and start on the base.

Thanks for stopping by! :D

Latest posts

Back