VW Rat

Been there. You're better off otherwise it could take a flight - into the wall.

sweet, looks like something that could race the road ace!

excellent detail, well done!

I hate to say this, but that's what happens when you cut a perfectly good VW car apart!! :( You should've used the insta-cure + in the magenta bottle. This is what I use without trouble. It's thick enough to glue, and not need to keep regluing, or resetting. It takes a little longer to set, but that allows for realignment of parts. Just glue it, then as the glue sets, tape the parts, then join them together, and smooth the tape over them to keep them from moving until they're cured.

ScarredKustoms said:
Having a real hard time finishing this model. Seems like every time I work on it something else breaks. Think I am going to set it aside and find something else to work on. :-[

dont get descuraged XD

SK,
This is lookin SoooooWeet. I remember going to a few Bug-Outs( V-Dub car shows/swap meet/Drag race) & they had these 2 Dudes that would Drag Race each other.They were th only 2 that had V-8's in their Bugs. One guy's had the Motor mounted in th rear like a normal VW & the other cat had his up front , like yours ! That motor was sooo big, He had to sit in th back seat. Needless to say there was no dash !

This build is Bangin' !! Take a step back & a deep breath. Definitely come back to it !! I wanna see this Bug turned out !! You've got such a Great start !!!

* About your glue dilemma .....
Try this ... Use some Medium Bodied CA - in th Magenta label ... Get some Micro brushes & some C.A. accelerator(sold in a brown bottle right next to th magenta C.A.). Use th C.A. to join th pillars together( try to dab it into th seam of th break,between th 2 pieces) & a micro brush (dipped in th accelerator) dab th accelerator on to th joint,on both sides. It will set fast , so make sure that's where you want it when you add th accelerator. That should make a strong joint & if you go a little too thick, you can sand down th joint a little ..... see if that helps .

*Make sure you wipe down th joint after. That accelerator is a little greasy feelin'.

Take a break and come back to it fresh. The tips and ideas will percolate a while and the solution will come to you. Great start, and I’m sure it will finish up strong. Did you post pictures of your weird-oh build?

Ok so after leaving this alone for awhile I came back to it got the doors to stay on and everything was going great. Started to finish up the paint job and things went south very quickly parts started falling off right and left. Must be the Italian plastic ... I don't know ... lol So I hit it with the airbrush and am calling it done. If I pick it up again it will probably be to put it in the trash... and I never throw anything out.

Going to move on and maybe next year I will try this build again from the start.

But her she is missing drivers door, trunk lid and hood ... with over spray and all because I give up... maybe I need a cigarette ... lol ... not

RF252767.jpg
RF252766.jpg

Hey Roger , we all get builds that are sent to try us !!! , But I think it looks pretty cool , Like a good rat should .

Chris.

Latest posts

Back