Voyager

Voyager has a relatively simple base hull color which to me appears to be a medium flat grey.

Well on saucer section in lower part of saucer i already drilled and clean them up. But lower hull i have not. The big problem i am facing is that the main defectore is not like the Revell type. Its not tranparent and i do not know how i am going to light it up. I have the monogram model. TY for any help. My first lighted model.

You can try using a Dremel or a coarse file to scrape away the excess plastic form the dish.
Or, failing that, you could possibly try casting your own

You can try using a Dremel or a coarse file to scrape away the excess plastic form the dish.
Or, failing that, you could possibly try casting your own
Thats what i am using. I have carbide .020 drill bits got from work.

Sanding drum might be a little more forgiving, unless you're trying to cut the grooves from the front, that is.

Sanding drum might be a little more forgiving, unless you're trying to cut the grooves from the front, that is.
The carbide bit has a nice cutting radius better then a drill bit. To do the windows. And a little filing.

The carbide bit has a nice cutting radius better then a drill bit. To do the windows. And a little filing.
I was actually referring more to the deflector. For the windows, you're definitely on the right track

Is that why Revel recommends light gray 70% and gray 30% ?

Possibly. I mioght go with Light Ghost Grey and Neutral Grey. The Light Ghost Grey has a slight bluish tint that the Neutral Grey will help balance.

Sounds like a type of finish coating. The matt make me think of 'matte' or a flat finish

Latest posts

Back