Vietnam GI ...200mm Verlinden bust

scratchmod

Hi all. This is my very first post and attempt at painting figures. I needed a break from building and painting rust buckets and thought I'd try my hand at figs. The kit is a 200mm bust from Verlinden and depicts an Army Lt. in Vietnam.

I started with the uniform since that's is for me easy enough to do. I have always had problems painting faces so I never really finished a fig before. I used acrylics, AK effects and some oils to paint the uniform. Still more work to be done, this is as far as I got yesterday.

Busts002.jpg

GI-paint002.jpg

GI-paint004.jpg

GI-paint008.jpg

GI-paint010.jpg

GI-bust-shadows001.jpg

GI-bust-shadows004.jpg

A big thanks goes to my good friend Chris Spalding for his support and guidance on this venture of mine into the world of figures. More can be seen here :

http://myforum.scratchmod.com/user/Discussion.aspx?id=294647

Thanks for looking.

scratchmod

www.scratchmod.com
The Art of Destruction

Start where you feel comfortable ! WoW !! Lookin Great !! Fantastic Start !! I'll be checking this one out !!!

;D

Looks great! I went out and bought some figures and some LifeColor paint sets a few months ago but still haven't tried them out. I'm "figurephobic"! LOL ;D ;D ;D

Sorry Rob...must be day dreaming, missed this getting up here!! Great work so far buddy. Can't wait to see you work through the face! Keep it going! ;D

Latest posts

Back