Velocity questiones?

FoldedWings

Hi all!
OK to the subject- i'm planning on buying a Badger renegade velocity airbrush. But i'm worried about some connections. See i have a compressor with a attachment and a air hose the air hose is regular size but the badger has a different attachment than my old brush. So my question is do i kneed a new air hose (ok),an adaptor(ok and if so then from where?),OR a new compressor(NOT ok)! :)
I know Dreamknight has one so could you help me out, or tell me what your using!

I have a Velocity and while it does have another attachment in the case, I didn't use it. As is, it threaded right onto the same hose I have been using for all my other brushes for years.

Regardless, you wouldn't have to buy a new compressor, you can always make adapters for different size hoses/threads/fittings.

I'm going to guess you have a hose with what is colloquially known as an "Iwata" end on it, in which case all you'd need is Badger P/N 36-010 "Badger Airbrush-Iwata Hose adapter". About $5 at webairbrushes.com (but always try to support your LHS first).

I'm pretty sure that's what the adapter I mentioned that came in the box is for, according to the online reviews I've read anyway.

25084-1009-2-3ww-l.jpg

FoldedWings said:
Hi all!
OK to the subject- i'm planning on buying a Badger renegade velocity airbrush. But i'm worried about some connections. See i have a compressor with a attachment and a air hose the air hose is regular size but the badger has a different attachment than my old brush. So my question is do i kneed a new air hose (ok),an adaptor(ok and if so then from where?),OR a new compressor(NOT ok)! :)
I know Dreamknight has one so could you help me out, or tell me what your using!

The Renegade Velocity comes with an adapter for a generic standard airbrush hose. I'm not sure what hose you have but if it's generic, it should fit just fine. Pretty much as SMM said. :)

What kinda hose is it? Did it come with the compressor? or did you buy a seperate hose? It does matter if you bought the hose separate since you can get variety of hoses as well (like a paache hose or a iwata hose) which in turn has the end fitting to the brush in question. If it's a generic hose from a generate compressor then the adapter will fit that for sure.

Check your compressor and see if they have adapters as well. Like my Iwata Smart Jet compressor... it comes with adapters for 50 thousand airbrushes. Well... not really that much but it was packed with adapters for all the major airbrushes. lol

Yeh, if you get the Velocity, the adapter should fit just fine it looks like. If not, then it's just a matter of getting the right adapter and it shouldn't cost you more than $5 but the one that comes with the velocity should work from what I see. You hose is a 1/4" fitting it looks like and that's the adapter that comes with the velocity.

Oh and that other thing isn't a quick release. It's just something that connects to your trap so you can pull it apart to dump the water out easier. (I think)

DreamKnight said:
Oh and that other thing isn't a quick release. It's just something that connects to your trap so you can pull it apart to dump the water out easier. (I think)

Thanks oo that's a load of my chest! :)
Iv'e been on a lot of forums but never have i got such warm replies and met such nice peeps! :)

Latest posts

Back