Vampire Countess

PANZERMAN said:
longlance67, looking good, nice paint on that female vamp!
You know, you are absolutely right, that "finecast" is a nightmare!!!
It should be criminal, the prices they charge for an inferior product.
Criminal!
Look forward to the next installment.

- Panzerman, i have to argee to an extent, finecast have a lot issues in terms of poor resin quality, but on the flip side they do.....if your lucky enough to find one without flaws..........the detail is great. On the topic of price its GW their prices are criminal most of time...its all about profit

WOW !! Shane ,very nice buddy :) I think you've tried this figure painting lark before ;D Keep at it mate ;)

Chris.

Fumblethumbs - haha i see you've noticed that a delightfull lady doesnt seem to be wearing anything under her armoured corsett....but not to worry she is wearing is wearing a fetching pair of undies lol ;).....should be fun to paint in this scale :s

Chris - I may have weilded a paintbrush or two in my day ;)

- Q - thanks very much buddy, hopefully it'll all come together well

PAINTING UPDATE

With the flesh tones almost finished i moved my attention to the most dominant painting element of the figure which is her dress. With the basecoat of Hormagaunt Purple already layed, the first highlight coat of Linche Purple was applied over the basecoat. The inner dress got a base coat of model colour sky grey in perp for the white coat. Her necklace also got a coat of model colour brass and the gem stone was painted light blue

P1100471.jpg

I also painted in her armor at this point of painting progress too, the main colour is model colour Gunmetal Grey as a base this will be highlighed oil steel and silver.

The dress and inner dress also their final highlight of Warlock Purple and flat white to any raised areas of the dress that would catch the most light

P1100474.jpg

the dress was then sealed with Vallejo matt varnish in perp for a wash of black ink

thats all for now

cheers

shane

Very nice mate ...Like the colours in the dress .

Chris.

Thank you all for your kind words and ongoing encouragement it means alot cheers :)

UPDATE: WASH STAGE

With the most of the highlights down and sealed i applied the first wash of Games Workshop black Ink was applied heavly to the dresses resesses. Its setting at the moment but im a little worried thats its a little too thick, and may have swallowed up too much of the purple, but we'll how it came when i check on it later.

photo update to follow shortly,

cheers,

shane.

Hi All, sorry for the long delay but finally i finished her ;D

took a lot longer than i thought it would be still turned out to be a lovely mini

P1100487JPG1.jpg

P1100486JPG1.jpg

P1100484-1.jpg

She is lovely my friend!! Well done!!! Congrats on the finish!! ;)

Beautiful figure! The color palette is varied and dramatic. Well done.
Thank fo sharing. Bill.

Latest posts

Back