USS Defiant (18" Enterprise)

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
That's the good old Enterprise, the 18" model kit.

Seeing the Mirror episode in ENTERPRISE, I decided to build the USS DEFIANT.

I tried to do a kinda aztec paneling, it's not visible nore is it correctly done. I placed some decals but never finished it since some parts began to crack, and some repairs are needed to be done here and there.

Here is a beauty shot before the problems happened.

The interesting thing to know is that, 5 years ago, I decided to build this model with another one (and another one, but not quite the same, the Rocket Enterprise you know), an ancient model kit of the Enterprise, with a lot of differences, no raised areas on the saucer, a thicker deflector array, and so on... In fact it was a kit that was partly built , with conversion kit, for the bridge for example. But an old version though.
This one I decided to complete, modifying the warp engines (the rear is now like an old rocket ship with tiny holes painted) and done to be the ISS Enterprise of the Mirror Universe.

Building one thing, and then another part, differently... It was an interesting process, but with mjor problems in my life, and a move from one big appartment to almost nothing, the project is still in one package, somewhere.

Here are some old shots of the two of them.

The collective bussards are different. I cut the original one from the "Defiant" to paint it easily (gold, copper and then a coat of clear red) but the ISS Enterprise are some clear plastic parts like the Gashapon. Only smaller.

They have a hole in the middle so I can insert an antennae like in the pilot movies. This design is supposed to be the one for the Mirror Universe Enterprise. The collective bussard are completed with diamonds, fake one obviously, clear plastic made for christmas lights. With lights behind, it could be a good way to simulate the red glowing like in the TV show.

I have different parts from different sources, intend to us all that in the future for other projects with this model kit.

Fix the problem on my USS Defiant will be a challenge, since i'm not going to repeat the all process of painting.
That will be the perfect moment to do some recent pictures and a good WIP here :D

DOne it 5 or 6 years ago... First I wanted to replace the domes by marbles or one of my conversion kit, but then I painted it metallic, decided I like it, a LOT, and replaced it in place :D

But the collective bussards on the ISS ENterprise are different, home made... :D

Latest posts

Back