US Army M1 tank heading towards Baghdad

So, I'm not quite clear about why they blew up that little pick up truck driving by?

Because you don't approach an armored column like that. I am sure they gave them a few warning shots before taking them out.

It did scroll 'Technical' on the screen just prior, I'd have to imagine it was armed with something and we just didn't see it in the previous, out of frame sequence.

Ya Ken, I was wondering what the "technical" meant too. I thought it to be pretty daring for an enemy vehicle to wiz by like that. It made me wonder. ???

Sorry, I thought it was a well known term, otherwise I would have expanded my answer. :-[

Google libyan technical images, (for example) you'll see tons of them, that new MENG pickup truck kit with the anti aircraft gun is a 'technical.'

Wiki has the definition as:

"A technical is a type of improvised fighting vehicle, typically a civilian or military non-combat vehicle, modified to provide an offensive capability similar to a military gun truck."

Thanks Ken, I figured that is what you meant. Although I must confess I know practically nothing about modern armour etc. Still makes me wonder what they were thinking driving by that lot of tanks. Kinda like poking a bear with a stick.

Latest posts

Back