Timeslip's 1/1000 USS Phobos

nicholassagan

sippin on gin + juice
So RIGHT on the heels of my Mon Cal I started this guy. It's by far my favorite FASA design and is like the sleek convertible of TMP-era configurations...I love it. Anyway, it's a quick build (11 parts). There's a bit of seam sanding and filling but overall everything goes together really smoothly. There are even toothpicks embedded in the pylons for strength!! As of this moment the last coat of primer and clear coat on the base are drying. :)
phobosa_img_8117.jpg

phobosa_img_8118.jpg

phobosa_img_8120.jpg

phobosa_img_8121.jpg

phobosa_img_8122.jpg

phobosa_img_8123.jpg

phobosa_img_8126.jpg

phobosa_img_8124.jpg

phobosa_img_8125.jpg

phobosa_img_8119.jpg

Looks like some minor flaws, but should clean up very nicely, Looking forward to seeing how this one finishes up

A nice design to this kit, and your photos show what is wrong with resin, cleaning up the mold marks and voids.

FASA had some very good designs, and a few odd ones if I recall! This is definately one of their best!

Very awesome build Nick. Looking forward to this! 8)

Here's more then! I got the primer, base coat, detail painting and the beginning decal process...

Clear stand
phobosb_img_8177.jpg

Base Coat of pearl white
phobosb_img_8186.jpg

Masking for painting
phobosb_img_8190.jpg

phobosb_img_8192.jpg

Shiny deflectors
phobosb_img_8205.jpg

Shiny crystals
phobosb_img_8212.jpg

Shiny torpedos
phobosb_img_8214.jpg

Aztek begins!
phobosb_img_8216.jpg

Did I mention how much I hate decaling the red stripe wrap on the bridge??

Nope...I'm using extras from a couple the Polar Lights 1k Refit kit. There are some incredible decals with the kit...registries and stripes, etc...

--smiles--
And, gee, I have the spares from the ones I didn't use in last year's contest build.

Didn't see the finished kit... Superb ! Brilliant result !

Congratulation. The USS Phobos is a beauty !

Latest posts

Back