Time to start The kearsarge

maybe some modifications?? So the Kearsarge kit has a few quirks that bother me the first is the well deck (the big garage at the back of the ship that floods so boats and hover craft can sail in and out to the cargo area) is instructed to have the doors closed but.. to really show the ships purpose having this door open with an LCAC inside or entering or exiting would really help bring the ship to life the problem is the interior of the hull is featureless and looks nothing like the true inside of a LHD.

The second is the Elevators, they are designed to be installed in the full up position level with the flight deck and the opens to the hangar deck closed but again it would be nice to show planes in the hangar deck with the door open and perhaps the elevator down or half way up. Now I can reposition the elevators but I run into the same problem with the interior if I open the doors.

Any suggestions??US_Navy_120109-N-UM734-392_The_amphibious_assault_ship_USS_Kearsarge_(LHD_3)_is_anchored_while...jpgvisitors-tour-the-well-deck-of-uss-kearsarge-lhd-3-during-fleet-week-J89PGF.jpgstock-photo-uss-kearsarge-lhd-wasp-class-amphibious-assault-ship-docked-at-pier-s-aircraft-ele...jpg

Update time!
So after a struggle with the PE I took what I could and canned the rest untill I got to a place we're I felt better about the way the ship was become uhh "Ship Shape" rather then shipped out to the Bin...

The other day I finished the main pain job and started prep work for some weathering, then I put together rather pain stakeingly all the little aircraft and vehicles which I will say for the love of god was a night mare why they had to make the little pin head size wheels and winglets the size of 1/4 a match head separate parts to glue on is cruel and punishing these parts were so hard to handle even with my most fine point tools lastly I laid all the decals

Attachments

• PXL_20210712_213524013.jpg
    PXL_20210712_213524013.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20210712_213514799.jpg
    PXL_20210712_213514799.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20210712_213504072.jpg
    PXL_20210712_213504072.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 3
I realized I forgot to mention that the only thing mounted is the small craft. The ship and aircraft are not yet finished painting

Seems as though you got the hang of the PE. I am working with it for the first time and have to say, there certainly is a learning curve, especially for someone like me who tends to be heavy handed at everything.

Latest posts

Back