time for Exia

Aulon

CLICK TP SEE PROVIOUS PARTS OF WIP

Back to work on MG Exia.

first let's see what I have so far:

100_2618.jpg

looks nice doesn't it?

anyway, here is what I'm curently working on - weapons.
After arrival of my second MG Exia - ignition mode I was eager to see how famous plated blades look IRL, and I have to say they look like CRAP. they remind me of that el cheapo toys you could buy for a few bucks (or other currency) in some kind of dollar store or something simmilar.
They may look nice on the photos but darn, they sure are ugly IRL. seems like I wasted a lot time waitng for them.
But that means painting and here we have my proces of making shiny metalic baldes:

first I painted the blade with Tamiya X-18 - semi gloss black, I would use gloss black but since I don't have one this will have to do, after that I brushed 2 coats of sidolux (future equivalent):

100_2781.jpg

after that I had to decide what kind of metalic paint should I use, I chosen Tamiya XF-56 Metalic Grey, cause it's not to dark (like gunmetal) and not to bright (like aluminium),

100_2784.jpg

it may seem dull but it was shiny when light hited it at right angle, it definitly started to look like 11 meters long metalic blade but it definitly needed shiny-ness, so I put 3 or 4 coats of future nad here we have the effect:

100_2785.jpg

100_2787.jpg

I'm still thinking about putting some more coats of future. gonna work on the rest of the weapons tonight

Re: MG Exia

DreamKnight said:
Wait,which one is suppose the be the "plated" blade? The one on the clip?
nope the other one

Weapons painted and ready for decaling, should have it done today then top coat and working on the base.

here are pics :

first comes the blades

100_2806.jpg

now GN Sword

100_2809.jpg

100_2811.jpg

now the shield

100_2813.jpg

100_2814.jpg

I like the way that green parts turned out, it's just metalic green gundam marker but looks ok

mini shield

100_2815.jpg

100_2816.jpg
And comparison bettwen reapair sword and mine

100_2819.jpg

finaly all the weapons ready for decaling

100_2821.jpg

As a side note another thing I was doing - cutting glass to insert inside frames for my GF

100_2823.jpg

I realy like those frames, I buy them at dollar store. they have some kind of pic in them but I use them for either my gf works or as a base for diorama

thats's all for now

Yea the swords on this one are a bit contentious. As you say the plating looks like crap. I did pretty much the same thing on mine. Black then airbrushed Vallejo silver, finished with gloss. Its ok but next time I might work up the courage to try Alclad.

thx for the input guys, you can see this one in finished section

I was going to work on Hazel II, actualy I started scratchbulding his rifle and radome, and made dual-shield. But then I got enlighted. Instead of making Exia Repair also known as TerminatorExia wich we all know and love I will start a little more ambitous project - Exia Reaper.
Now that I think of it I propably got inspired by Angelus Rising by matanglawinX, altough my project will be a little less PITA I think (without all that crazy engraving).
Also kinda oposite theme since instead of angel inpired machine this one would mech' of choice for Grim Reaper.
There are a few things that I haven't yet decided on, but the main goals are set >:]
So let's see waht do I start with:

100_2933.jpg

MG Exia in repair mode, some spare parts from this one, Cold Exia (the previous one, kinda fits it :p ) and Astraea, most of them won't be used (Fon Spark will be happy ), and clear parts that I will use (at least some of them).

100_2935.jpg

Here it is with clear parts atached, I won't be using all of them - about half or so.

100_2936.jpg

And the backview.
Now here is the first question: should I add more clear parts? or keep it that way. Propably I will choose after all the painting is done but what are your opinions my fellow modelers?

Going with the flow I strated to add some extra pices from my MG Crossbone, the first is the cape. It took me one and a half hour to figure out how to put cape so it will look the way I want it to:

100_2937.jpg

100_2938.jpg

Of course it's not the final look of the cape, there will be some modifications done to it.

'Till the next update!

DON'T look at the mess...

using my phone since my cam is at my GFs place

60% done

Foto-0062.jpg

Comtinuing from where I left off - Exia time! part 4Exia time! part 4

I know I said there won't be any heavy mods, but that was in the middle of april...
Now exia would look to much like Qan[T] so decided to to go all out. I got inspirition from a song, wonder if you can guess what song :p I will give you a hint - look at the name.

Most of waht you will see below is blu-tacked, altough the head and sword mount will stay the way they are

Still I need your help guys - should I add a V-fin?
Other question is paint job - I think of using gray and purple/violet but what 3rd colour to use?

anyway enough talking, it's time for photos!

foto+045.jpg

foto+046.jpg

foto+047.jpg

foto+049.jpg

foto+050.jpg

Latest posts

Back