Things you have "borrowed"

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
Thought it would be fun to list some of the things you have "borrowed" from your significant other for modeling. If you don't have a significant other, what are some of the oddest items you have bought for modeling.

Me, I borrow my wife's nail pads all the time. Specially the expensive ones with the the really fine grit on it.

And I have bought make-up powders before to mix with alcohol for weathering. :-\

i dont have a other but i use nail polish great colors and ive used bobby pins for clamps and sewing needles for paint brushs still got to try the makeup powder for detailing. it seems like women have the best stuff for modeling maybe thats why they give funny looks when you go in the beauty ailes ;D

Hmmm..
From the kitchen I've borrowed empty plastic, glass and metal containers from all sorts of stuff. The dish detergent. Rolls of paper towel (although I usually buy my own). Assorted herbs. Old coffee grounds. Wax paper, aluminum foil. Empty pop cans, lids off of bottles....

Bathroom - not much really. Dull razors in hopes of a useful sci-fi bash, small empty makeup jars. That's about all I can think of.

I am, however, constantly on the look out for neat stuff around the house. I am a bit of a hoarder (in the cave at least).

Goodness, this could be a very long list but I will most likely forget half of the stuff I've 'borrowed'.

Clothes pins, use them all the time.

Cleaned out little plastic cat food containers, great for mixing stuff.

Q-tips (I believe the Brits call them ear buds).

Toothpicks.

Old toothbrush for cleaning tools and stuff.

Guitar strings, antenna's wiring etc..

Hairspray, for that chipped look.

Gauze from the first aid box for camo nets.

Small plastic food storage containers for parts and stuff.

Colored pencils, for chips/scratches.

Sharpie markers, like silver for worn metal.

Kitchen scouring pads, another 'chipping' method.

Tin foil for lining things so I don't have to clean them.

Nail files/sanding sticks.

Coarse sewing thread, for ropes and tie downs.

I'll need time to think of more, these are off the top of my head.

elend said:
Well... my girlfriend's "Hello Kitty" nail file. :p

Guess you are life-sick, eh?? ;D
(die Feile ist egal, aber HELLO KITTY??) :D

I "borrowed" a heat-dryer from my fathers bench :)

What have I borrowed? I'll put it this way....when my Dad's in his work room and he starts swearing and wondering where something is, I know about it ::)

Hmmm, "No Honey .. I don't know where that went :-* " .....

Well .... I like th term Liberated ! ;D

I've liberated My Wife's Blush brushes before - They are great for Dusting pigments.

Eye Shadow applicators - I use these to "smudge" th wood grain on AFV tools wooden handles. I'll put some dots of Raw Umber Oil, let it set for about 30 minutes & then streak it with th applicator.

Klondike Bar wrapper - The Heath bar ones are th ones with texture. Very convincing for Canvas !

Old toothpaste tubes - They are foil & are great for cutting straps for anything !

20oz soda bottle caps - Great for mixing paint & works well for having a figure attached to paint, I can them screw th top back on a 20oz coke bottle, & because of the hour glass shape are very ergonomic to hold & paint a figure with ... at least in 1/35th scale !

Tooth picks - applying C.A. mixing paint painting with etc ...

Any type of plastic food container to hold parts etc ..

:-X I liberated a couple ear scope covers from the hospital the other day :-X

Think they will make great jet engine inserts :-\

ScarredKustoms said:
:-X I liberated a couple ear scope covers from the hospital the other day :-X

Think they will make great jet engine inserts :-\

lol, some of them if you put a flat styrene peace on them, and paint them orange, you could probably use then for road cones too...

Latest posts

Back