The two airplanes i got for christmas ( will be my first ones )

modelbuilder22

P-51 mustang revell 1:48 and an FAU-1 Corsair 1:72 scale by testors. should be interesting since i have never built an airplane or a boat

001_zpsa0c97332.jpg

Cool! I wish you a pleasant build, especially with the Mustang. That's a classic kit, relatively easy to build, and if I'm not mistaken, Revell-Monogram updated the tooling a couple of years ago to replace some of the raised panel detail with engraved. I like the kit and just built one last year, side-by-side with the ICM copy of Tamiya's P-51B. With the relative ease with which the kit goes together, you can focus more on detailing and the color scheme, weathering, etc, as much or as little as you want. If there is one area to watch, it's the fit of the canopy, it might take some filler. I used white glue to attach mine, and also to fill some gaps around the rear window panels. But that's minor.

thanks for the heads up on the canopy because windshields are my down fall. i plan on building them after i get done with my first project. I will be building the p-51 first then the FAU-1 after. Iam glad i got these because i been wanting to get into aircraft.

Latest posts

Back