that house is rubbish

Catachan1brainleaf

well i got round to doing something for the rubbish/garbage section of the contest .I only started it a few hrs ago because of day to day stuff getting in the way, and being a bit swamped with other projects littering my room .

Its after 1,30Am here so not sure if il get to put up any photos or not .

Here is a video update to show i have started lol

Its just the bare bones right now but will be adding a lot more later today,like stairs to the second floor and maybe a rope or rope ladder to the loft .want to get some details in there to make it look like somebody lived here.old busted chairs a table ,wardrobe stuff like that.

all this will be very experimental on my part since im not all that long back into the hobby so we`l have to see how it goes.and it is more terrain than a diorama as such so don't expect to much ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEV5814pPUM

thanks man :) ya im rolling around in the garbage as well man lol
have you posted any of your work so far ? id be interested to see what your building .was beginning to think i was the only person in this section .i think a few ppl were saying they`d build something for this after their main entry im not sure.

may be an idea for ppl to link their videos to the contest video?
that way we can all keep track of our fellow modelers projects ,and it shows that the contest is running well with shed load of great work across the board .

It is coming together very well. I am amazed at how some of these projects that start off not looking like much, near the end start looking great.

ahh bad news lads i think i messed it up badly trying to add the snow :'(
will have a go at fixing it up and if that doesn't work il prob have to pull out of the contest .
il post some pics later so you can see just how bad it looks right now .

I had a bad setback on mine today. I thought I was finished with the primary paint job on the Protector, and when I bought it in. I decided to give it one more light check. I found out that it was leaking light like gossip in a sorority house. I spent three hours tonight patching things up. I now have to basically start over on the paint job. I won't be able to start putting decals on it until Sunday, maybe Saturday if I am lucky.

Just say to yourself, I can do it, and get back in there and clean it up. When I saw that tonight, I almost threw in the towel, but I decided that what is sleep? I don't need it for the next week. (I have also been putting in 50 hour work weeks on top of this.)

If it was future, isn't that water soluble? If so, you might be able to clean it off.

top tip ppl don't spray pva and water over your nice baking powder snow lol

was going to scrap the whole thing but just walked away for a few days.main problem with that is that i was away wargaming all weekend .so since last Wensday the only time i had to spend on it was late last night and this morning .plus i had to run a rpg game over skype from 8pm til 11 pm tonight.

anyway here is a video and il post a load of pics as soon as i get them uploaded .added some stands of dead grass a poster and little sign .also need to dust the floors with a little snow .its far from perfect or how id really want it to look .but hey its one of those things you have to know your limits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mqwicxtIls

From what I could see in that video, it didn't look that bad. I am waiting for those photos, I want to see what you did with it.

Latest posts

Back