Tasca M4A1 Sherman Shelf Queen

This build is making me want to build a Sherman of my own next year. Looks great. ;D

From the very beginning of the paint stages, I felt that I had made the base coat to light, and haven’t really been happy with it from the beginning. Then I feel that I got a little carried away with some of the streaking and it started to turn some funky green that I didn’t really care for.

I applied a light tan filter to the entire model to soften it back up again. I’m pretty pleased with the way it looks now. Next up will be to go back over the pin washes to add some more depth.

M4A1-43_zps39c233ca.jpg

M4A1-44_zps5c78895c.jpg

Layers, layers, layers! Looks awesome, well I always thought it looked awesome but you know when it's right mate ;)

Not much time for the bench lately, but I am making a little progress. I’m in the process of going back over the pin washes. This adds yet another layer of depth.

I thought I’d share a pic to show the slow progress.

M4A1-45_zps2c7761a0.jpg

Fantastic! How did you a achieve the mud effects running along above the wheels?

JohnSimmons said:
Fantastic! How did you a achieve the mud effects running along above the wheels?

Thanks John!!

The mud effect is Ak Nato Filter, Dust Effect, and, Africa Korp filter stippled on in layers.

Thanks John!

Here is another shot with the pin wash completed on the turret. I still have to finish the drive sprockets and idler wheels.

M4A1-46_zps8bc41208.jpg

I’m calling this one done!

Thanks to all who have been following this build It’s time to move on to something else.

IMG_6400_zpse63c6c0f.jpg

IMG_6399_zpsec372a31.jpg

IMG_6398_zps100c30a4.jpg

IMG_6396_zpsda5ad831.jpg

IMG_6401_zps7b385f64.jpg

Latest posts

Back