Tanks and Trains

Someone has a lot of painting to do... That camo job wont do so well in another war in the middle east...

adampolo13 said:
Someone has a lot of painting to do... That camo job wont do so well in another war in the middle east...

LOL...there wouldn't be much of a camo job to see after a week in a middle east desert. Our Canadian Leopards went over to Afghanistan, and within a week of being on operation they were a nice even shade of dirt.

To the point that people had asked me what color our Leopards were, as they would like to make one....I told them standard NATO 3 tone....and they stood here and argued with me saying no...it is a sandy color.

Well...no...that sandy color is.....well it's sand. The tanks went over NATO 3 tone, I have pictures of them being offloaded from C-17s, and also pictures from the wash bays when they brought them back out of the sand box, being cleaned before being shipped back home.

Environment like that, they don't take long to get covered in dust and dirt.

Amen Adam. Without our service men and women we wouldn't be able to do what we all love to do putting scale models together. Have a Sister-In-Law that did two tours in the Middle East and the horror stories shes told us are just absolutely unbelievable.

Latest posts

Back