Tamiya M4A3 Sherman

JohnnyO

Mobilis in mobili
Been busy working on a new project, a Tamiya Sherman. Phase 1, basic assembly and base coat are complete, getting started on the stowage, weathering, and decals over the next few weeks. Here is how she stands today.

ADLYjFl.jpg

hhyu1pD.jpg

9W3IYXX.jpg

TwMB9zO.jpg

Lmd211c.jpg

Some more updates. I've got the decals on, most of the stowage started and arranged. I'm having trouble deciding exactly how and where to lay out the various pieces of stowage, the pics below are just notional, trying some different layouts.

z9i5MX0.jpg

bQWRsjy.jpg

zEUryR6.jpg

UstAu7A.jpg

tjNpIQK.jpg

Here are some more updates. I finalized the stowage and all the decals, and added a wash, as well as some (light) mud on the tracks. I think she is pretty much done, just needs a dullcoat in a few days, then I will put her on the shelf.

ZhurCFt.jpg

rHhbAzR.jpg

DiNDmo0.jpg

Sszenfl.jpg

mAHymqB.jpg

txVyRv1.jpg

NVdXj3V.jpg

Very nice!
But the left track is mounted on backwards.

Where did you get the stowage from? I like those crates.

Zappa

zappa said:
Very nice!
But the left track is mounted on backwards.

Where did you get the stowage from? I like those crates.

Zappa

Oops, good catch on the tracks, I'll fix that tonight. Serves me right for trying to finish it all too quickly.

The stowage came with the kit (as well as a ton extra I didn't attach). It also game with a few soldiers, as well as a driver/commander if I wanted to open the hatch up. Lots of add-ons/options with this kit.

Similar things happened occasionally in real life too. ;)

*although this is probably just a section of links

21Cuban_havana-tank.jpg

Ken Abrams said:
Similar things happened occasionally in real life too. ;)

That's exactly what I was going for. That was one of my reference photos.

And if you believe that, I have a bridge for sale you might be interested in.

Latest posts

Back