Tamiya extra thin cement won't open

ahmed malik

I recently bought tamiya extra thin cement (the one with the green cap), and i just went to open the packet, and then the jar, and it wouldn't open . I tried long nose pliers... and still nothing. I'm thinking of returning it, but it took 10 days to arrive, so it's probably gonna take 20 days to get a new one. i'm thinking of putting it in a bowl of very hot water to evaporate the solvents, but i'm worried it may make the glue thicker or something...
All help and tips are appreciated

Placing the whole bottle under very warm water. This should only help expand the cap. After five/ten minutes you should be able to open the jar, but try it with the pliers.

Just run the cap under some warm/hot water, it should expand enough to beable to get it off.

Funny, when I get the cases of those here at the shop, I am usually tightening each cap as they normally seem too loose.

Just flip it upside and let it sit for a few minutes. It will come right off. Ironically I can never get it to seal tight and it's always venting fumes. I can't help but wonder if I might be over tightening it.

Indeed, that white foam ring should provide the actual seal......it IS prone to falling out however so maybe his dropped off and he didnt notice?

3M just invented a glue that will hold anything to anything forever - there's just one problem.

They can't get the cap off the tube.

Latest posts

Back