Tamiya Ducati 916 WHIF, General Foggys desert Duc(rat)i

m1ks

I'm new on here having just posted in the welcome and for my second post would like to share my recently completed WHIF build, (this was for a GB on another forum I frequent but would like to share it here)
Any comments and critique are welcome and I hope you guys like it.

Hi folks, i'm pleased to announce my completion of the SIG bike build.
WIP here: http://www.scale-models.co.uk/biker-build-off/12097-tamiya-1-12-ducati-916-whif.html

(moderators, please remove the link if this is inappropriate to your forum rules, only posted as it contains the WIP build posts)

Could I ask that you take the time to read the short accompanying story below before viewing the images.
I hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

OK folks, picture the scene:

It’s 1993 and this year sees the occurrence of two events, the release of the beautiful stunning Ducati 916 sportsbike and Carl Fogarty coming to the fore in Superbikes.

Having been making a good show on the 888, Ducati were keen to keep him on the team, however unbeknownst to them in a thoroughly unlikely turn of events the joint leaders of the US military had been watching his progress in WSB and could see a Keen mind with sharp focus, it was decided that a man like this would be the ideal candidate to head up their newly revamped desert strike force, (I know, what are the odds? Incredible!).

So, with the Presidents very keen permission the joint leaders approached Mr Fogarty with an offer.

Carl Fogarty, not one to back down from a challenge thought the offer through and decided that he would accept provided that one condition was met.

That he, as general of the desert strike force would be supplied with any vehicle of his choosing for military duties and also be allowed to select and have modified a squadron of said vehicles for the men under his command.

As he was bemoaning the loss of the beautiful new Ducati 916 shown to him by the men in Varese that he would have been racing in this years WSB series, the choice was immediate and obvious.

The military did require some cutbacks despite General ‘Foggy’ Fogarty trying his utmost to secure full termignoni titanium exhaust systems and full carbon fibre kits.

This led to the militarised versions having a mild steel petrol tank and complete exhaust systems as well as a liberal dose of desert sand camo and nato black, General Foggy, not one to give up easily did manage to swing carbon timing belt covers, front mudguard, (fender) and air intakes.

Oh, and he requested the fitment of a small gun be available for certain models starting with his own.

Without further ado may I introduce ‘Foggy’s Desert Duc’rat’i

ducati916desertratwcannon1.jpg

ducati916desertratwcannon2.jpg

ducati916desertratwcannon3.jpg

ducati916desertratwcannon4.jpg

ducati916desertratwcannon5.jpg

ducati916desertrat1.jpg

ducati916desertrat2.jpg

ducati916desertrat3.jpg

ducati916desertrat4.jpg

ducati916desertrat5.jpg

ducati916desertrat7.jpg

ducati916desertrat8.jpg

ducati916desertrat9.jpg

ducati916desertrat10.jpg

ducati916desertrat11.jpg

ducati916desertrat12.jpg

One additional detail pic I was quite pleased with.

Oil level window.

Duc50.jpg

Welcome aboard & Great job here M1ks!! What's the recommended speed while firing the mini-gun???

Thankyou,
No specific figures but based on the A10 thunderbolt i'd have to say as fast as possible, beats wearing out the brake pads eh :)

Welcome to SMA fella...................now that is one radical machine, great job with the paint and effects, lovin` that mini-gun.............awesome, could do with one of those on my bike..LOL ;D

`Boots`

(((lol))) Duc rati ....gotta love that !...I love all things 'rat' and I love this ,nice build there fella ,something a little different ,didnt expect that one ! ;D

Chris.

Had to look that one up, I can see what you mean

http://latimesherocomplex.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/6a00d8341c630a53ef0133ed6246eb970b-400wi.jpg

we never had GI Joe in the UK, we had Action man with eagle eyes and gripping hands when I was a kid. :)

Then in later years we had the smaller figures similar to action man but with a more Bond-esque elaborate baddie, they were called action force and I think they kind of morphed into the whole GI Joe thing here but that was long after I stopped playing with them.

Thanks for all the kind comments and welcome so far guys.
Currently trying to work through all the interesting looking posts, there are a few :)

Latest posts

Back