Tamiya 1/48 Messerschmitt

Kallie

Not anything special bit this was my first ever plane build before I found this wonderful ocean on knowledge 'regarding model building".

Bullet holes are a new addition not sure if it looks realistic but hey testing and what not.

IMG_1244_zpsxdgipwkn.jpg
IMG_1243_zps87rn8uhs.jpg
IMG_1242_zps8w1hfhhs.jpg
IMG_1241_zps7vjr0udq.jpg

I rally hope this works.....

I agree that the oles may be too large for the scale, but that's about the only thing I see wrong here.
Excellent work overall

Kallie said:
Ja you're right about the hole being to big to late to change that now

Nice job on the One-oh-nine. One of my favorite German aircraft (I have lots of them in my stash).

Realistic battle damage in scale aircraft is difficult to do. Clean bullet holes would be small, larger holes from AA or cannons typically made very large holes with ragged edges from the shrapnel. Also the skin of a real aircraft is very thin - I've seen examples where modelers will thin the kit plastic from the inside, then proceed with the damage. Another technique is to replace the section that is to be modeled with damage; the example I saw in an old issue of FSM used aluminum foil. I might even still have that issue...

Hope this helps.
Jason

Thanks JMAC,

I do appreciate the info and will def use it on my next model. I would really like to try another 109 at a later stage when I can do so justice to the aircraft.

I'm entering a Spitfire mk I into the BSC and I hope I can replicate it accurately, I'm just waiting for my photo etch I ordered from the UK arrive (snail mail) probably arrive in 2-3 weeks. (Product not available in South Africa).

I don't know which Spitfire kit you are intending to build, but I really like the Tamiya Spitfire Mk 1. Great kit.

Great idea and well executed, bar holes being a bit big it looks class! Makings of a great dio there!!

Thanks for sharing!

Pearse

Latest posts

Back