Tamiya 1/48 Cromwell Mk.IV British Cruiser Tank

DreamKnight

Wanted to do a quick build so I just grabbed the top of the pile. The Cromwell Mk.IV I just got from Sorien actually.

Decided to keep build off cam just to get this one done quicker.

So far, this is the second 1/48 build of this product line I've done and they all seem to all include a metal chasis. This is really nice. Weights the model down pretty nicely. And always with Tamiya, fits pretty nicely.
001.jpg

Put together the wheels and decided to mix up a batch of the base coat color. About 7 parts Dark Green (XF-61), 7 parts Flat Earth (XF-52), 1 part Flat Black (XF-1).
002.jpg

Got the front and rear plates onto the chasis:
003.jpg

Added the wheels on to the chasis and put on more detailed parts on the upper hull.
004.jpg

005.jpg

Put together the turret and everything is ready for painting. Gonna paring up the tracks first then paint the on the bottom hull first. Stick on the tracks then base coat the turret. Gonna have to wait for the bottom hull to dry and then secure the upper hull and put on the "wheel well" armor plating and get that painted up.
006.jpg

More to come...

Got the first track on and it's horrid! Posted something about how to do this easier over at:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1114.0.html

010.jpg

Ok thanks guys, switched to the thin cement and it works much better and it melts it into place it seems. It was a little off and I put the glue on it melted intot he plactic and the little track moved into place. o_O This works much better than CA glue.

Also rigged something up to hold the tracks while I glue the piece together lol

011.jpg

Now we're talkin'

I have used a few jigs very much like that myself. ;D

Looking real good DK.

'cept for that big ol brush hair or whatever that is on the barrel in the first pic. ;D

ScaleModelMadman said:
Looking real good DK.

'cept for that big ol brush hair or whatever that is on the barrel in the first pic. ;D

Was from my cat probably, I was petting him before I took the pics lol

schweinhund227 said:
Those little Tamiya jewels are pretty cool!

Tamiya has done well with that series. Nice job on that one!

Agreed! :) From the box cover to the kit itself and the metal chassis. No flash, very clean and detailed parts. I really like these kits. I just did a M20 for the contest and I have a Mader II in this series too I have yet to tackle.

Boy this tank looks great!!! Another kit on my golden stash list. My wife gonna kill me when the next delivery comes in :-[

But hey... no risk no fun ;-)

Latest posts

Back