T17E2 Staghound A.A. In Canadian Markings

TBadger

Demolitions Expert
So it begins.... I decided to do something that's easy to build and I can enjoy a simple style base centered in Northern Italy.

image-75.jpg

Cool!

Not so sure it's easy to build though, Bronco kits are pretty high on parts count and small details.

Great choice though.

LOL Bronco and easy don't go in the same sentence ;D But you will have fun with it, :)

Nice choice of subject man, altough from personal experience bronco kits are fiddly although full of detail.

Cant wait to see this take shape!

Some inventory, and quick assembly of the tub. Must be the really old kits, because this one is going swimmingly thus far. If this goes well, I'm most assuredly going to try out more 1:48 or 1:72 kits. Being keeping my eye on a King Tiger :)

image-76.jpg
image-77.jpg
image-78.jpg

TBadger said:
Must be the really old kits, because this one is going swimmingly thus far.

No, they haven't been around long enough to have really old kits, in fact I don't think they started 1/48 until 2011.

I just missed the part on the box in your first photo that said 1/48. That's why its going so well/so fast, far less parts and fiddly assemblies than the 1/35 versions. ;)

im looking to get one of these for a future build keep the pics a coming bud

Great Start on this AA hound! ;D

I'm most interest is how this will go together as I have been thinking of possibly doing a 48th scale kit...I'll be following along! 8)

image-89.jpg
image-91.jpg
image-90.jpg

There were so many tiny little parts ! Took me an hour just to get this step done

TBadger said:
There were so many tiny little parts ! Took me an hour just to get this step done

Imagine the 1/35 version!

Looking great though. 8)

If I would have seen this earlier, I could have warned you.lol I did the 1/35 and yes it is a bit of a chore to build. But just take yer time. One section at a time. Detail and ease of assembly often don't go hand in hand I've found. Should be a great little build once done.

Even though I was partial to the idea of you doing the A-10 next, this is really coming along well. Nice job!

Finished with everything up to the turret.... Once that's finished and its ready for paint, it'll get primed and set aside for the start of the Buffalo!!! I'm pumped for that build!

image-135.jpg
image-136.jpg
image-137.jpg
image-138.jpg

Lots of little PE bits on this puppy. Should be in a coat of fine primer by Wed, if my work schedule allows that is :)

So the Turret and all remaining pieces have been assembled......pretty much paint and go.....but for now it's off to the shelf to begin construction on the Buffalo !
image-146.jpg
image-147.jpg

Latest posts

Back