T-800 Terminator 15" Arnold figure (battle damaged)

Almost done people. This is the home stretch. I have to touch up the shock pad, or recoil pad as it's properly called. I made this one out of rubber last night. This, and the strap took me into today. The white line is supposed to be there, but this is wood filler. I used this to fill the gap between the butt of the stock, and the recoil pad. I have a tiny bit of touch up, and one more item to add to this, then I can call it done.

PictureorVideo3139.jpg

PictureorVideo3140.jpg

This was a cap for rubber tubing inside the engine compartment of a car. I cut the new one down, and sanded it with 32 - 60 grit. I smoothed it with 220 grit sandpaper to finish it before gluing it permanently to the butt of the stock. The only drawback to rubber is that it attracts dirt like a magnet.

PictureorVideo3141.jpg

This is the old styrene recoil pad. I removed this with pliers last night, so that I could fit the new rubber one for a more realistic look. To the right of it are clips, or "hoops" that didn't quite pass my quality assurance check. These were to be part of the strap, but I only needed one. I didn't know this as the time. These were bent to shape with a pair of needlenose pliers.

PictureorVideo3142.jpg

PictureorVideo3143.jpg

PictureorVideo3148.jpg

The strap itself is made from 0.05" printer paper that I reinforced with two layers, then painted them. This is called "camel colour" by the Daimler-Chrysler company. The inside looks white, but it's a very light creme colour. The strap adjusters are made of single ply printer paper, but painted the same colour before being folded on itself, and glued. The strap harnesses are made of styrene painted with gloss black enamel, and the hoop for other end is made from the same guitar string core that I used for the strap harnesses on the grenade launcher itself.

What all this means is that, the strap is adjustable, but I already adjusted it to hang comfortably from Arnies' arm. No more adjustment is needed. This strap is not made to come off. Roy, be very careful not to try to readjust this as it is delicate, and it will tear if not handled with the best of care. I couldn't use real leather, as it would be so thin that it would tear everytime I touched it! I didn't have anything else to make this from that would durable, and in the proper scale. It doesn't really matter, as I painted this with thick brush strokes to emulate leather texture to give it that leather appearance, and feel since it's only for display.

No more descriptions tonight, people. Just enjoy while you can, this thread is almost at an end forever!

PictureorVideo3149.jpg

PictureorVideo3150.jpg

PictureorVideo3151.jpg

PictureorVideo3152.jpg

PictureorVideo3153.jpg

PictureorVideo3157.jpg

PictureorVideo3158.jpg

PictureorVideo3159.jpg

PictureorVideo3160.jpg

PictureorVideo3161.jpg

PictureorVideo3163.jpg

PictureorVideo3164.jpg

On with the show
Thank you all for your comments as well as those for looking. This isn't the last post ever, but very close. This is a special surprise I've held off making until today. I figured that since the "Hot toys" brand came with one, that I should make a grenade for this too. This needs a litte more work before it's done, but this is it in its' begining stages. I only made one, as I only have a little bit of styrene rod left. I still have to take photos of the final product, but the paint needs to dry completely before I can wrap this for shipping.

Please compare the two different designs. The correct true to life version on the left, and the incorrect Hot toys version on the right. I followed the correct version, as you can see below. Although I've never seen a real grenade with the elongated head like a .45 Cal. bullet as these have in the photos, but with the shorter head as my version has, I still modeled this after the one on the left because it is the correct color, and overall design.

M-79sampleII-1.jpg
M-79-1.jpg

No descriptions, just enjoy!

~ Cobra Chris

PictureorVideo3166.jpg

PictureorVideo3172.jpg

PictureorVideo3173.jpg

PictureorVideo3174.jpg

PictureorVideo3175.jpg

PictureorVideo3176.jpg

PictureorVideo3177.jpg

PictureorVideo3181.jpg

PictureorVideo3182.jpg

PictureorVideo3186.jpg

PictureorVideo3196.jpg

PictureorVideo3197.jpg

PictureorVideo3201.jpg

PictureorVideo3202.jpg

This isn't a new project, but this is one that I was working on for another member of the forums. I spoke to him last in late August, and I haven't heard from him since. I must assume that he's no longer among the living, or his living situation has changed drastically. I was comissioned to build, and paint this back in March of this year, but I didn't think about altering this from the painted metal skeleton to actual aluminum foil until now in order to make this look more realistic.

The sculpt isn't perfect underneath since this was all done at the same time. However, this made it even harder to apply the metal sheet over it. I used Reynolds' wrap foil, and Elmers glue. I should've used the 3M spray adhesive instead. I just didn't want a big mess on my hands, and be forced to start over from scratch. This only compounded the problem with trying to achieve a smooth surface even with brushes, and cotton swabs. The irregular surface, and space with the fragile foil made this a nightmare to get where I am on it now. I don't know if I want to change this by starting over one piece at a time with the 3M stuff, or just leave it as it is. After looking at this I want to change it, but I know how this will turn out.

PictureorVideo5051.jpg

PictureorVideo5052.jpg

PictureorVideo5053.jpg

PictureorVideo5054.jpg

PictureorVideo5055.jpg

PictureorVideo5056.jpg

PictureorVideo5057.jpg

PictureorVideo5058.jpg

PictureorVideo5060.jpg

PictureorVideo5061.jpg

PictureorVideo5062.jpg

PictureorVideo5063.jpg

This is the shotgun that Arnie's supposed to be holding in his right hand, but I didn't know that when I built this kit. This rifle took me almost two weeks of off, and on building to allow paint to dry, and for parts manufacture. This is made from actual maple for the stock, and handgrips. They're decorated with steel sewing pins. The barrels are made from aluminum, and the lever is made from two paper clips bent around to shape with a styrene block superglued in between for the lever mount. The reinforcements are made from aluminum tubing that I cut with a tubing cutter, then cut in half. The round part at the backside, and the rest was flattened, and superglued along the rails toward the bottom, and front of the lever. I used a styrene pin to hold the lever in place - this allows it to move. I stained the wood to match the original prop, and clearcoated it with acrylic enamel clearcoat, then rubbed it to a dull shine. This even has the makers marks on the top left side with the logo on both sides of the breach/lock. This entire thing is glued with superglue thick for assembly, except for the handgrips - this was done with Elmers' glue. It was the only thing that was thick enough to hold it in place while it dried.

I still have to get pictures figured out, so I can post them all in one spot. When this happens, I'll post the final build, and work in progress in this thread. Thanks for looking.

~ Cobra Chris

PictureorVideo5479.jpg

PictureorVideo5480.jpg

PictureorVideo5481.jpg

PictureorVideo5482.jpg

Latest posts

Back