T-62 PE (so far)

Nice, nice, nice :eek:

When I see those amounts of PE so cleanly glued to a model... I feel (in a modelling context) like the "proto-humans" :p that appear in the beginning of the "2001 - a Space Odissey" film, you know...

2001apes-761509.jpg

Congratulations :D

RG

Thanks Gang, I'm going to make a switch this round and use Birchwood Casey's- Aluminum Black, (Sportsmans warehouse Gun Smithing section) on this set of Fruilmodel Track, as the Selenic acid is not as agressive as it is in a bottle of "Blacken it".

TGIF

MOOO..

Tanker52 said:
Great work!!! Nice job on the details!!! I built a T-62 Tamyia kit a few years ago. Looking to build another one. What kit did you use?

I used the Trumpeter- T-62 (1962) Model Mashers- Russian Armor Green.

[attachment deleted by admin]

SWITZERSLAND said:
Thanks Gang, I'm going to make a switch this round and use Birchwood Casey's- Aluminum Black, (Sportsmans warehouse Gun Smithing section) on this set of Fruilmodel Track, as the Selenic acid is not as agressive as it is in a bottle of "Blacken it".

TGIF

MOOO..

Cool Idea !! Great Tip !! Sounds like an Awesome Idea, as I know Blacken it can be really aggressive !!

ok ! so I see you are planning to use an Oxidizer to darken the metal tracks ???

will it turn BLACK or GOLD... not all metal reacts the same with oxidizers...?

and is it better...? or similar to painting them with Flat Black ?

Let us SEE the process !

Norm.

The Track looks good I'll post some pics, after I get this "Honey Do" Paint the down stairs crap finished.

grrrrrrrrrr :))~

schweinhund227 said:
ok ! so I see you are planning to use an Oxidizer to darken the metal tracks ???

will it turn BLACK or GOLD... not all metal reacts the same with oxidizers...?

and is it better...? or similar to painting them with Flat Black ?

Let us SEE the process !

Norm.

Neither, It turned a flat ,rusty, "been in The Field for Two Weeks" grinding in the earth metallic gray and brown color.

Latest posts

Back