''Summer Ambush'' Dragon 1/35 Nashorn Diorama

hummingbird

Good day to you Gents.

I would like to show you my second finished kit in the year 2014 and my second diorama in life.

This is a Dragon 3-in-1 I bought from a fellow member in a forum and and as I have seen to build it quite nicely, according to my friends, I wanted to make a diorama for it.

I painted the vehicle all in Tamiya; Dark Yellow, Olive Green and Red Brown ( I can't be bothered to mix my own shade ).

I thought of putting on mud but I decided to put on just dirt, dust and dry soil as I want to depict this vehicle in a summer condition. The pigments on the side of the chassis were applied dry and fixed with Tamiya thinner. The dusty appearance on the front glacis was applied first with two layer of oil wash and brushing pigments on top after that.

The Diorama is build on a pre-made base which I bought from Telford last year. The ground work is a glue on mat with grass already on it. I didn't want the ground work to be flat so before gluing down the grass-mat, I applied various patches of plaster for irregularities in the terrain to make it more natural. The long grasses are from Woodland Scenic. I also put on some of the dried out grass patch from Game workshop to give the ground work a bit more visual interest. The bush was made by gluing lichen on brass rods that is worked into a plaster base for easier applications and for stability.

P1150173-2.jpg

P1150177-2.jpg

P1150176-2.jpg

P1150174-2.jpg

P1150186-2.jpg

P1150200-2.jpg

P1150201-2.jpg

P1150190-2.jpg

P1150187-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/summer-ambush-dragon-135-nashorn-diorama.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have.

Until the next launch .

Latest posts

Back