Studio Scale Cylon Raider

Thanks guys !!!!
;D

Here it is with the last bit of the dark weathering and the dusting applied without clear coat. The dusting effect really pulls all the colors together. It's got the aged look that I was after and is starting to look like it had gotten used and abused as a filming model.

I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

CRSS-88.JPG

CRSS-89.JPG

CRSS-90.JPG

CRSS-91.JPG

CRSS-92.JPG

CRSS-93.JPG

CRSS-94.JPG

This one shows the bottom with the dusting applied only on the left side.
CRSS-95.JPG

Here's with both sides done.
CRSS-96.JPG

CRSS-97.JPG

CRSS-98.JPG

CRSS-99.JPG

CRSS-100.JPG

Now, take it back to Universal, they just reported one of their effects models was missing. :p

Excellent work on this

Thanks for the kind comments.

Finally done ;D

Well, almost. I haven't started the damaged wing yet but I couldn't resist taking some shots of this in the mean time. Will get the ligths turned on for more shots in a few days.

CRSS-101.JPG

CRSS-102.JPG

CRSS-103.JPG

CRSS-104.JPG

CRSS-105.JPG

CRSS-106.JPG

Said it before, I'll say it again.
This is so good that I think Universal's looking for one of their models

Well Doug,
You have inspired me to do a Raider. I enjoyed following your build/painting/weathering progress. I found a re-issue Raider this weekend. Been fighting with it today a bit.

http://youtu.be/UHSq7D_4row

Frank Blanton

That's nice to hear. I liked building the revell raider too. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

DBHS,

This thing Rox !! Awesome right from Jump Street !! Every inch ROX !! Awesome weathering & Tone !!

FRANK ... I might have to slide by th Hizzie & Check out that Raider & get HobbyTown to order Me one. ;D

Thanx for sharing this great build with us!
It also sort of confirms something for me. When I bought the first issue from Monogram of the Cylon Raider, it had detail on the Slanting Med. Grey panels directly behind and to the sides of the cockpit. It looked like doors. Years later, I got the Monogram re-issue of the Aurora model kit of the UFO from "The Invaders".
The UFO model had the same door panels.
In the mid to late 90's I got a re-issue of the Cylon Raider, and the "Doors" were gone. I started to wonder if I remembered incorrectly. EVEN though this model is definitely NOT the little one I built back in 1978-79, it shows some sort of "door" detail. :)
I am wondering, is there anyone in this forum who might still have an original Monogram issue of the "Raider", and if they could tell me if it has those doors?
:/

Latest posts

Back